Renaming Problem

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Renaming Problem

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:23 am

Hi
Just bought a new Camera Canon Ixus 500. Seems to work fine with the WIA interface BTW.
I download the files with this renaming mask: %P%{num:3}.%{ext}

So my image IMG_0001.jpg would rename to Whatever001.jpg
An attached sound file get the number 002.wav which should be Whatever001.wav and avi files also get the filename 003.avi without the text.
This behavior I get also with a card reader.
Michael

Postby wannerlaufer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:37 pm

dont know wether this helps but when I try to rename files already downloaded and just one file is an *.avi or *.wav the rename dialog does not show up.

I think the batch rename does not work with other than real picture files....
wannerlaufer

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:42 pm

I think the batch rename does not work with other than real picture files....

@wannerlaufer

Possible, but I'm talking about renaming while downloading. And I'm sure that, at least for AVI files, it worked fine with earlier releases and if you look to the feature list of version 4.4:
Attached files (sound, thumbnail files...) are renamed the same as the image during transfer
Michael

Postby nabocorp » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:14 pm

Hello,

I have checked the two issues listed:

1) Attached sound file not renamed properly: Canon names the image IMG_1234.JPG and the sound file SND_1234.WAV. This case was not planed and that's why cam2pc fails. cam2pc expected IMG_1234.WAV. This would require more development to handle and will maybe be available in a future 4.4.x release (not 4.4.1 though).

2) Files which are not images lose the %P in the renaming process. This has been fixed and will be available in 4.4.1. Related to the bug described before, if you chose to enter one description for each file then, first you are very brave :D , second you will be prompted for a description for the WAV file and no preview will be shown. Until bug 1) is fixed.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc