Major Bug: Pictures vanishes in 4.5.2

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Major Bug: Pictures vanishes in 4.5.2

Postby Frank1505 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:55 pm

Hi,

In the latest version i sometimes encounter that pictures are deleted (even worse: completly gome) when rotating or editing.

It took me quite a while to realise this major bug.

I hope Nabocorp still listens to the forum and give me (better us) a bug-fix as christmas present.

I like the software very much and would be really sad no to use it any further, but losing pictures is definetly a NO-GO point to me...
Frank1505

Postby aeon » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Never had this one to my knowledge and have used it alot for picture rotation. I can think of only one instance of loosing a picture without obvious cause in the last few months and had not thought that Cam2PC might be responsible... until now... What is your system? XP SP2? Was this with JPEG or other images? Is it possible to recreate or completely random? Roughly what is the frequency?

Come on Nabocorp. It would be kind to at least give us something of a \'roadmap\' even if it is one we do not want to see... Please do urgently consider how this generally exellent software can be given a future again.
aeon

To Frank1505

Postby jstartin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 pm

If you came back here, of course. You don't describe the exact circumstances, but one "user error" that cam2pc does make quite easy is to rename a file to something without an extension (eg .jpg). Cam2pc then ignores the file because it is not a recognised image type, according to the extension. Other than this (which does not delete the file, but requires you to find it and add the extension somehow) I have never lost or damaged a file using cam2pc.
jstartin

Sorry for the late replay

Postby Frank1505 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi,

sorry for the late response:

My System Win XP SP 1 (at this time, since a few weeks now SP2)

I transfered the pictures (jpg) from the camera to "my pictures\[2005.12.12] description" folder on my primary harddisk. I have stored at this place about 5000 pictures with at least 150 subfolders. I use NTFS btw. and have encountered that "winOnCd 5" some crashes when exploring this tree.

I can reproduce the bug sometimes, but i have not found so far a typical marker when or why it happens:

I open the picture with "enhance" and choose auto levels. I save the picture with the same name. The windows closes and the file is gone. Investigating with windows explorer leaves no trace.

While rotating the picture just vansihes and the other pictures fill the gap (move up one step).

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Frank
Frank1505

Postby SCH » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:52 pm

I'm running 4.6 and I just started having this problem. It has happened to me twice now, both times while cropping an image. When I save the cropped image, it looks like everything is going fine, then when the save is completed the image is completely GONE, no trace of it. I've tried searching for the files, assuming that maybe just the extension was missing, but there is absolutely no trace of them. They also do not appear in the trash can. I've been using this program for years, and I've never seen this happen before. Only in the last two days. Very odd.
SCH

Postby kuyawsadabaw » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:34 am

I'm encountering this with the latest version 4.6.1.
kuyawsadabaw

Return to cam2pc