Suggestion for a new version

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Suggestion for a new version

Postby Michael » Thu May 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Cam2pc is getting a "Can't live without"-program and I make all my friends who have cameras, switch to this utility. I use it for private fotos and for work. Unfortunately the order structure is different in both. So how would it be to create profiles, where I can store different destination folders and masks?
Michael

Postby nabocorp » Thu May 20, 2004 7:11 pm

Hello,

the simpler way would be to use regedit to save the settings for each setup. If you know regedit then cam2pc settings are located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\nabocorp.\cam2pc. All the settings that are related to the download feature are located in the "Masks and renaming" section. Just save the settings in two .reg files that you can make easily accessible and double-click on the right one before connecting your camera.

A bit painful I know but I think that adding this kind of feature to cam2pc would confuse more users than it would help!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby martin10018 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:36 am

What about saving the settings in .ini files? (I asked about this sometime ago).

It is really a pain to set all options again if you have to reinstall Windows or move to a different pc. Saving settings in the registry sucks IMHO...
martin10018

Postby Michael » Fri May 21, 2004 10:31 am

@nabocorp
I don't think that it would confuse the user. Just use the default profile and nothing changes. To change it with regedit is possible, but when I get fotos mixed on the same memory card, I always have to close cam2pc click on the reg-file and start cam2pc again instead of choosing the download profile with a nice combo-box :wink:
@martin10018
Just use the 'export settings' and 'import settings' in the tools menu.
Michael

Return to cam2pc