cam2pc 4.1 slideshow crashes workaround

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

cam2pc 4.1 slideshow crashes workaround

Postby nabocorp » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:44 am

Hello,

if you experience crashes during slideshows in cam2pc 4.1 it is probably because of the new 3D transitions. Your video card is probably old or you do not have the latest drivers. Try to upgrade your video drivers. If the problem still occurs download this file: http://www.nabocorp.com/cam2pc/no_3D.zip. It contains a registry patch that will automatically disable all the 3D transitions. Make sure to close cam2pc before applying this.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Slideshow crashing

Postby RINUS » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:42 am

I'm sure you got the problem but not the cause . Some details:
W98 , PIV 1.7 (40GB, 352 mB RAM) Direct X9.0 (tests OK)
Display SiS650/Sis650 Rev 00
Transitions work within the options setting frame , when trying in slideshow top right hand buttton disappears and system freezes .
It is obviously not a drama but since my system is pretty neat and functioning in every other respect I am certain this is not an isolated problem . Thanks , Rinus
RINUS

Cam2PC slideshow stops but my PC is still running ...

Postby DDBivens » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:14 pm

First, Cam2PC is super! An excellent program all the way.
The only thing that I have had a problem with is the slide show.
It runs (starts) fine and sometimes can display 200 slides (in a loop) before it appears the PC is frozen. The slide just sits there. In reality the PC is still running fine and I can press my windows key, up arrow, enter, enter and the PC will do a proper shutdown.
DDBivens

cam2pc version 4.3.6 and previous

Postby DDBivens » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:55 am

I forgot to say in my last post that I am using version 4.3.6 and the problem with the slide show seems to have been in each version since I first downloaded cam2pc.

Just as a thought, my Internet Security Program (NIS) does do a pop-up screen if the program stops an intrusion. It also waits on a mouse or tab/enter keystrokes. Could it be possible that the pop-up window is waiting behind the slide for that mouse click?

I loved the various transitions between the slides but cam2pc would display some slides (sometimes 5 and sometimes 200+) then the screen would stop while displaying a slide. I could reboot the PC and run the same slideshow on the same set of photos and I would almost always get a different result. BTW, on the 200+ count above the slideshow was about 2.5 times through the photos in the folder, looping - so it is not a bad jpg.

Super program. :D
DDB
DDBivens

Cam2PC 4.4.4 Slice Show crashed also (w/ error message)

Postby DDBivens » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:03 pm

:D I love Cam2PC for getting my pictures of my camera memory card.
I have tried the slideshow feature in earlier versions of cam2pc and the screen would freeze (showing a slide) and I would have to reboot my PC to get it back. :(
I had not tried the slideshow feature in v4.4.4 until 10/28/04. After cam2pc had displayed four or five slides it crashed but this time I got an error message. I hope this helps.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime LIbrary
Buffer overrun detected!
Program C:\Program Files\cam2pc\cam2pc.exe
A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
be terminated.

When I clicked the OK button, cam2pc closed. I rebooted my PC.
I have not tried the slideshow again.

Thought I would let you know.
DDBivens
DDBivens

Buffer Overrun

Postby jkest » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:05 pm

I'm also having buffer overrun with slideshow after about 15 minutes. Cam2pc is the only program that I have had this problem with.

My system
2800+ Athlon processor
512 MB PC3200 Ram
80 GB Hard Drive
GeForce FX 5500 Video Card
17" Sylvania F77 monitor

System 3 months old

Anyone have an Idea when a fix will be available?

Jim
jkest

Postby pinzonazul » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:52 pm

It still happens in version 4.5 freeware :cry:. Less frequently than in 4.1, I must say, but it happens: randomly some images appear blurry and slideshow stops. I have updated my graphic drivers (my card is a VGA GForce II MX400 64 MB AGP).
pinzonazul

Return to cam2pc