PLEASE READ: DO NOT BUY CAM2PC

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

PLEASE READ: DO NOT BUY CAM2PC

Postby Jem » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 am

If you've purchased cam2pc, I am sorry to tell you that you probably wasted your money. The developer of cam2pc has not visited this forum, offered support or even replied to e-mails for a long time, and the product is currently very buggy. I personally have reported this site and tried at least to stop the download sites from promoting it, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Read through this forum for the other 'angry e-mails' but, for the moment, I would suggest you look for something else. I only come back here to help if I can but I'm an Adobe Photoshop Elements user now - can't find anything better.

All the best.
Jem

Postby martin10018 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:23 pm

1. I've using cam2pc for a few years now. Never had any major problems. The product is NOT "very buggy".
2. The downloader is still the best on the market.
3. You're right, support is horrible or non-existant.
4. PSE is (also) very buggy. Just have a look in the official forums. I myself found much more bugs in PSE than in cam2pc. And Adobe doesn't release patches for it, only new versions which you have to pay for.
martin10018

Postby NACarter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:37 pm

I would agree that Cam2PC is not "very buggy", and my family have used it for several years. I have, however, moved on to idImager (http://www.idimager.com/), which is a much better tool all round, and can do everything Cam2PC does plus a whole lot more. What's more, the developer is very active in both the forums (http://forum.idimager.com) and in producing updates.

Nick
NACarter

Postby michaelbudney » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:00 pm

NACarter wrote:I would agree that Cam2PC is not "very buggy", and my family have used it for several years. I have, however, moved on to idImager (http://www.idimager.com/), which is a much better tool all round, and can do everything Cam2PC does plus a whole lot more. What's more, the developer is very active in both the forums (http://forum.idimager.com) and in producing updates.

Nick

You got my hopes up but but after using it for a while it doesn't come close to cam2pc does best - Image downloading, full screen viewing, batch EXIF editing and auto lossless hot pixel repair. I've tried just about everything out there and cam2pc is the best. I guess the author is busy. I heard rumors about a v5 in the works. This product probably doesn't pay for the efforts he puts in.

I'm not into the more advanced features as I use photoshop for those. Versioning is nice but I still do that the old fashioned way, file renaming.
michaelbudney

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:40 pm

I love Cam2Pc. Thanks Nabocorp for this software.
It's the best viewer, the more fast, and more accurate for me.
Never had any major problems (on Windows98, Win 2000, and now XP).
Dan

Well...

Postby Ardwych » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Well, Jem, thanks for the warning.

But you really need to give your claim a bit of a feed. If you want to appear credible and not look like a stamping, pouting juvenile child you have provide concrete evidence of claims.

What is it about c2p that annoys you so much? Where exactly are the repeatable bugs; what is the effect of the developer never appearing in the forum? Remember, programmers can\'t reply to all the 1.3 billion of the world\'s people sending emails. That\'s what forums are for. . :shock:

So - details, if you would..? I\'m sure we\'d be interested to hear.
Ardwych

Re: Not bad at all......

Postby jan.jedryka » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:46 pm

I\'ve used c2p off and on for a number of years and have not found anything better for what it is. What it says is what it does and no nonsense. I have not experienced this in windows which is more: what it says is what it doesn\'t with all the nonsense. I am more than pleased I downloaded c2p. I just loaded it onto Vista and got the security waring with a tick box which I ticked to make it disappear and then it just blitzed the .crw file thumbnails which is more than Bill can do. My only request is: I would like to see the path address to the file in the status bar. I like being oriented at all times.

Jan.
jan.jedryka

Re: Not bad at all......

Postby Xyzzy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:23 am

jan.jedryka wrote:My only request is: I would like to see the path address to the file in the status bar. I like being oriented at all times.

And that's the whole problem. It's unlikely that you (or anyone else) will see a feature he/she requires.

X.
Xyzzy

Alternative?

Postby Pieter » Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm

It surely scares me that there is no evolution in cam2pc. It scares me more with regards to bugs and extension of current features then i need new features: for new features i've found new softwares. I still use cam2pc as my central photo management and until today i haven't found any alternative that is as good as cam2pc. I believe that only good softwares last that long after "end of development".

I don't need nice editing tools, cam2pc is made to edit with other tools.

I don't miss fancy album features too much, since i can work on the xml file myself and i have many other ways to export albums and then work on it further. Although i would very much love to see some improvements in album organization (e.g. when i move a photo, i'd like all albums to be updated, not only the current. Something i now fix in the xml file when needed.)

I don't miss backup and version tracking functionality much since i've worked out other ways to do that.

I'm very happy with the efficiency of the full-screen viewer and thumbnails,... These basic organisation functions i've never found equally good (equally efficient, fast and visually attractive) elsewhere and since this is the basic function of the tool, i'll keep using it until i find an alternative that beats it.

So new people should be careful before considering to use this tool, but to the people who disadvise it: please suggest a better alternative...

Pieter
Pieter

Postby TyroneVelasques » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I have used cam2pc and adobe elements both.

I have found that both of them work fine and i rarely have any problem with either one of them.

You could try burn the fat feed the muscle although i want tinnitus miracle them over the whole. Have a look at related to the diet solution which makes buy backlinks. Are you going to in appreciate eat stop eat because Really. Assist you to can make sure you remember the truth about six pack abs because it's the most.
Last edited by TyroneVelasques on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TyroneVelasques

Return to cam2pc