nTouch

Logitech iTouch replacement for Windows Vista

nTouch

Postby goldcoaster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:22 am

Thank you for trying to make drivers for logitech keyboards.

I have a Cordless Desktop Optical Black model ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1797,contentid=8055 )- I haven't tried your driver yet because I actually wanted the OSD function more than anything else.
All the programmable function keys seem to be doing what I want but as logitech didn't use LEDs on the keyboard, I don't get an indication if CAPs lock is on, the same for volume, I would like an OSD for volume.

Keep up the good work, it seems that IF logitech make drivers it will be part of the new application they have - 50MB for an app to make a keyboard work!!!

cheers from Australia
goldcoaster

Postby Heretic » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 am

I would also like to thank you for helping us with iTouch keyboards. I was extremely frustrated when I discovered Logitech has no intention of providing itouch drivers for Vista.

I have a Logitech cordless MX Duo, which has what I think is the cordless version of the Elite keyboard.

I tried using your program to map the keys, and it doesn\'t seem to work. I would be extremely grateful if you could support this model in the next release.
I was using the latest version of itouch before \"upgrading\" to Vista.

Also, would it be possible to make it that a display notification shows up when pressing a key?

Again, anything you can do would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Heretic

Postby magallz1 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:47 pm

Heretic wrote:I have a Logitech cordless MX Duo, which has what I think is the cordless version of the Elite keyboard.

I'm in the same boat. This is the first glimmer of hope I've seen for an iTouch replacement. It would be absolutely fabulous if nTouch could work for the MX Duo. This is causing a lot of fustration for everyone! I'm waiting with baited breath for the next release!
magallz1

nTouch

Postby René » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi, I own a Logitech Cordless Keyboard with a MX700 mouse and the RF reciever. I can program the keys now, but the multi mediakey are a no go. The MX 700 Mouse works resonable with MS Vista, every key worsk, but isn't programmable because it isn't supported with the latest SetPoint software as is the keyboard :-(

Will there be a new version of the nTouch software soon ;-)

Thank you sofar for your effort for all us sad Logitech owners.
René

Logitech Internet Navigator

Postby bege » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:21 am

Hello!
I have an Internet Navigator keyboard that doen't work with nTouch. Is it possible to fix, you think?
bege

Postby moh » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi,
I\'m also the owner of a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard, it would be great if nTouch will support this model :D

Thanks & regards,
moh
moh

Another MX Duo user here...

Postby BBKing » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:46 pm

I absolutely LOVE my MX Duo. Best keyboard and mouse I've ever had. I've been so sad that Logitech isn't supporting it with Vista.

I just installed nTouch, and while is does give a little bit of control to the specified keys, there's no support for programming the mouse buttons (I like to make the application switch button act as double click, and now I keep pressing it and nothing happens).

Anyway, any word on mouse support, or adding on-screen visual cues to the media controls (especially volume) would be awesome. Thanks...
BBKing

Logitech Elite

Postby KeBaB » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for making this software it really is helping where Logitech have failed us.

I am running Vista 64 bit Home Premium. These issues I have come across.

1. When hitting the Search button (i set this to open a webpage) the Vista search window always opens.

2. When hitting the E-Mail button (i set this to open a webpage) it works! But when any Internet Exploter window is open this button open my webpage and winmail.exe (which i don't use)

3. The Go and Back buttons by the scroll wheel do not work.

4. Being able to "Always use Fn Keys".. c'est tres bien!

These are just observations. I am not moaning!! This software is amazing! Would you be prepared to pass on your code? I would love to try to add more functionality if you don't get the time.

KeBaB :D
KeBaB

thanks !

Postby happiness » Fri May 09, 2008 5:52 pm

I would like to thank you also. I was very angry with logitech stopping support for my MX duo combo. I owe you much!

I would owe you even more though if you would update the software with more functionality :wink:

PS: Is there a way to program one of the keyboard buttons to run a .exe with an argument ?
happiness

Postby mito » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Thank you for this helpful little peace of software. Maybe you can add support for the Cordless Desktop® Optical too. Some keys are working, most of them not.
mito

Wish it worked

Postby rhadoth » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm

I have a Logitech cordless MX Duo, I can't change the default for any of the keys. At least someone took a look at the issue. I personaly will never buy another logitech product.
rhadoth

Logitech cordless MX Duo

Postby ferret3975 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 pm

I also have the Logitech cordless MX Duo, and would be very greatful if you could add support for this.. I can't beleive logitech have discontinued their support for this.. it's not that old a product yet.. they suppor the bluetooth version :(

Thanks for your efforts so far, great bit of software.. hopefully can add support for all the asks!

Cheers
ferret3975

Postby Letiumtide » Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 am

I have the Logitech Access Keyboard, not the 600, just the original edition of this. I was looking for a resolution for the loss of my media keys, primarily the ones that run seek/pause/play/stop etc. controls in winamp.

While I don't see any of these keys working, others do, so I get partial function with the keyboard...
Letiumtide

Very nice software

Postby ketu » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Helo,
I would like to thank you very much for this wonderfull software.
Damn Logitech, trying to make you buy a new keyboard....
Thanks again!
Best regards!
ketu

Postby Khander » Sun May 23, 2010 5:56 pm

I have this Cordless Freedomâ„¢ iTouchâ„¢ (Y-RF21) keyboard and it would be great if ntouch would support it.
Khander

Next

Return to nTouch