Manual Installation

a complete ready to use php survey system

Manual Installation

Postby cesar » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:21 am

I have problems with the installation script. Can you give me the the steps to make a "manual" installation?

I have the following versions
Apache 2.0.44
Perl 5.80
PHP 4.3.1
MySQL 4.0.11

Thankx
cesar

Postby nabocorp » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:03 am

Hello,

there is a script called nabopoll.sql in the admin/sql directory. Run this one to create all the SQL tables needed.

You should also fill the fields in the file config.inc.php with your server/database/login/password.

I think this should be all.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Manual Installation

Postby cesar » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:20 pm

Hi, thank you for the answer.

I make the steps you give me, but now I have the following error when I try to access ../nabopoll/admin/index.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/nabopoll/admin/admin.inc.php on line 21

Any idea.

Thanx

cesar

nabocorp wrote:Hello,

there is a script called nabopoll.sql in the admin/sql directory. Run this one to create all the SQL tables needed.

You should also fill the fields in the file config.inc.php with your server/database/login/password.

I think this should be all.

Regards,
nabocorp
cesar

Postby nabocorp » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:17 pm

Did you install your server yourself? Did you compile PHP with MySQL support integrated. Sorry I can't help you more than this as this is more server installation related than nabopoll related. mysql_connect is a standard PHP function...

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Manual Installation

Postby cesar » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:39 pm

Hi my friend!!!

I change to another machine with the following configuration
PHP 4.06
Mysql 3.23.49
Apache 1.3.23

In this equipment are already running other systems with MySQL and PHP. Well, following the steps you give, now when I try to access ../admin/index.php the page is "blank", nothing is displaying. Any Idea?

Thankx

Cesar
\\
cesar

Return to nabopoll