Please Clean Up This Forum

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Please Clean Up This Forum

Postby NACarter » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:45 am

Hi Nabocorp,

Now that you are back on the scene, please could you clean up this forum? The amount of SPAM on it only encourages legitimate users to stop using it. Alternatively perhaps one of the regular users could be a moderator?

Nick
NACarter

Postby aeon » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:52 am

Nabocorp, PLEASE visit your forum enough to clean things up. I thought Cam2PC was coming back to life, but now I wonder. . .
aeon

Postby nabocorp » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi,

just cleaned up the forum but this is becoming a real pain! The amount of spam just keeps increasing despite the use of a CAPTCHA image...

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby NACarter » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks. Sorry to nag. :wink:

Nick
NACarter

Postby AlunS » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:00 pm

nabocorp wrote:Hi,

just cleaned up the forum but this is becoming a real pain! The amount of spam just keeps increasing despite the use of a CAPTCHA image...

Regards,
nabocorp

You are running an out of date version of phpBB which has a number of exploits in it that allow spambots to post. Upgrade to the latest version, and in addition insist on administrator approval for new members to avoid 'human' (I use the term loosely!) spammers. You can usually easily spot the spammers from the real users, and just don't approve them so they can't post. There are some handy mods for phpBB which make the task of going through the user list and deleting the spammers a bit easier. See the user forums on www.phpp.com for details.

Alun
AlunS

Return to cam2pc