Small cam2pc update coming!

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Postby MOIK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Sorry, I cannot see Pentax *ist Ds PEFs :(
Do I have to change some standard setting therefore... ?
MOIK

Postby AlunS » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:50 pm

nabocorp wrote:a \"beta\" of cam2pc 4.5.3 is available for download. Here are the release notes:
* Fixed EXIF Maker Notes decoding for latest Nikon cameras (incl. D70)

Still LOTS of them marked as Unknown for the D70s though :(
* Updated RAW decoding library for more cameras support

A lot better for the D70s, although some colours still seem a bit strange. One odd thing though is that when you hover over the thumbnail of a D70s NEF file, the box that appears says "160x120 TIFF format" ??!
AlunS

Postby nabocorp » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:19 pm

I have update the beta of 4.5.3. Rotating Nikon files should not corrupt maker notes anymore and SimpleViewer gallery has been fixed to work with release 1.8 of SimpleViewer.

Someone sent me a bunch of D70 JPEGs and ISO displays fine. If you are looking the ISO in the details view or in the tooltip you should perform a "Update thumbnails" so that cam2pc discards the cached info and reextracts ISO directly from the file.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Some suggestions about Canon S3 EXIF

Postby imitev » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:47 am

* Fixed display of ISO for latest Canon cameras (incl. S3 IS)

Oh yes - ISO shows!
But (How much I hate that word!) it will be nice to show ISO number in EXIF tags section too, not only in Maker notes section in Cam2PC browser. Now I need to scroll every file to see ISO.

It would be appreciate if You add ISO number, when different from auto, in the tooltip info of image files.
imitev

Postby nabocorp » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:19 pm

Hello,

sorry but Canon only writes Auto to the EXIF data. As far as I know there is no way to know the real ISO of the shot when in Auto mode.

As for the display, I want to keep it this way as this the way Canon decided to write it: in the Maker notes and not in the standard ISO tag of the EXIF standard. However in every "EXIF summary" display (tooltip or detailed view in the Image Browser, overlay in the Image Viewer) cam2pc will display the ISO fine.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby hussonl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi Nabocorp,

Nice to hear good news about you.
My last connection to this forum was months ago, and really, I thought you disappear and let this great piece of software without future.
Good luck and if you need some help (for removing spams in the forum by example, ...) contact me.
hussonl

Postby Bruno » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 am

Hey
will there be a german language File for the new Version?
Thx for Information
Bruno

Postby aeon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Hi Nabocorp

Great to have you back and delighted that you are updating Cam2PC again! I had actually moved away, but as Cam2PC looks to have a future again I guess I'll come right back on board. Please - if you ever need to go quiet on us again in future get some of your supporters to moderate the forum while you are away.

Meantimes I look forward to playing with simpleview albums :D
aeon

Postby NACarter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:35 am

Any idea when the update will be available?

Nick
NACarter

Postby aeon » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 am

Nick

From Nabocorp earlier in this thread:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
a \\\"beta\\\" of cam2pc 4.5.3 is available for download. Here are the release notes:

* Fixed display of ISO for latest Canon cameras (incl. S3 IS)
* Fixed EXIF Maker Notes decoding for latest Nikon cameras (incl. D70)
* Updated RAW decoding library for more cameras support
* Fixed Advanced Renaming when using exposure time
* SW: Added easy creation of SimpleViewer galleries (Flash enabled)
* SW: Added easy upload of Zenphoto galeries

The download URL is (shareware only):
http://www.nabocorp.com/cam2pc/4.5.3/cam2pc-setup.exe
aeon

Canon Rebel XTi / 400D

Postby kuyawsadabaw » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Does the new one support the Canon Rebel XTi / 400D ?
kuyawsadabaw

Postby NACarter » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Thanks aeon - I missed that post! :oops:

Nick

Edit: I have just realised that I already downloaded it!! :roll: :oops: I must be losing it!
NACarter

Postby f_dumas » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi there.

Glad to see that a new development phase has been kicked off. It's good to think that an excellent product will get even better.

Quickly, a few bugs & suggestions regarding AVI & THM Files that maybe could get included as part of the 4.5.3 release? (pretty please?? :roll: )

Bugs
I have noticed the following issues which cause a THM file to become dissociated with its "parent" AVI, resulting in the Exif data being "lost":
    -When an AVI file is renamed manually, the THM file is not
    -When an AVI file is moved to a different folder (via "drag & drop" or "cut & paste"), the THM file is not moved along
    -When an AVI file is copied to a new location, the THM file is not
    -When AVI files are moved or copied & renamed using "Transfer Based on Mask", the renaming is successful but the THM files are not copied or moved along.

Suggestion
In my opinion, one of the most powerful features of Cam2PC is the batch date and time setting and batch renaming. Would it be possible to make the "Advanced Renaming" function applicable to AVI files as well? Currently, if we select a batch of files including movies, the function is disabled.

We can get around this limitation by using the downloader to transfer pictures from one folder to another…. But it is more hassle.
======

BTW, I am using the full version of Cam2PC V4.5.2 with a Canon SD200.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!!

F
f_dumas

Canon ISO

Postby eddyimpact » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:47 am

ISO Works! Thank you!

I am so happy because of your timing! I just bought a Canon S3 IS and was disappointed when the ISO wasn't coming through on the EXIF.

FYI -- I was using version 4.5.2 and the Check For Update did not alert me to the existence of this update.

Eddy
eddyimpact

Postby ffrank » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:18 am

Hello all,
great that cam2pc is not dead!!!! I could not find somethink which is close :-)

One question. Is it possible to get the ISO - Data out of the Casio Exilim cameras? It is stored inthe EXIF - but cam2pc can not see it. There are programms arround which can.
That would be a great fix for me. I am using a Casio Exilim Z750 - it is a great camera.
If you need some sample pictures. Just tell me.

All the best

Fabian

PS: Sorry for my bad english :-(
ffrank

PreviousNext

Return to cam2pc