Anyone know the real Nabocorp?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Anyone know the real Nabocorp?

Postby sabarrett » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:25 pm

I just wondered if anyone knows or has seen/spoken with/e-mailed the real Nabocorp? It seems that we all are posting that we would like this to continue and and that something should be done, however there is no info from the person that matters - nabocorp. Has anyone actually been able to contact this person to get his reply and/or rationale for no further development? Is he still around?

I do understand the changing of ones life and how that can throw a monkey wrench into ones plans. However it would be nice to provide closure, considering the community that has been developed here, which I think was fostered by his care in addressing the concerns we had adn makng a great product. Like many others, cam2pc still seems like the best option out there for managing my image library.

Scott
sabarrett

Postby aeon » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:36 pm

Periodically I check back here or try emailing but there is no word. I have to say I am rather worried for Nicolas as up until a bit over a year ago he was very conscientious. I hope he is OK and will reappear! I guess if the site vanishes in November when the domain expires it really will be the end of Cam2PC. Its a great product - shame its not open-source. Meanwhile Faststone is an option...
aeon

Other options

Postby sabarrett » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:26 am

Well, I looked at Faststone, Picassa, and idimager, all of which are alright, and I think that overall, I would like something with more power than Picassa, but that would be my first choice, as there are others that use the image library. I may look at photoshop4/photoshop album too.

Although cam2pc is still working fine, there are elements of other programs that look good too... I just wish I knew what happened to the program, just because I guess.
sabarrett

Return to cam2pc