Tried out cam2pc ... but it failed of buggy version

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Tried out cam2pc ... but it failed of buggy version

Postby fayence » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Well, I looked for a good utility for copying and handling the photos of my camera. The c't (famous computer magazine in germany) had an article about cam2pc, so I give it a try.
Testing the options for renaming photos and folders at a download, the software stopped to work after the third download of 238 MB of photos. At least my whole computer stopped. A hard shutdown was needed.
I went on with testing the options with renaming, but several times the software forgot the options. It forgot the folder where to save the downloaded photos (it used the standard folder instead). And the software forgot the options for renaming the photos and naming the folders (and used the standard naming instead).
At least, in the described cases the software failed different times, so I go on and keep on searching for a good software without those bugs.

Regards
Thomas
fayence

Postby jstartin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:08 am

Since there seems to be no maintenance or support for cam2pc any more you may be wise to look elsewhere. But be assured that the failures you mention are all in features that work for me unfailingly, and I think for other users.
jstartin

Postby b-master » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:20 am

Hi fayence,

i think the problem is definitely not cam2pc, perhaps your harddisk had only 238MB of empty space on it, and so cam2pc crashed when trying to download the pictures.
I'm using cam2pc for many years now and it was always stable and reliable.
Which version of cam2pc did you use, what type of camera do you own and how did you connect it to your pc?
b-master

Return to cam2pc