Cam2PC still alive?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Cam2PC still alive?

Postby Golfareninsweden » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:49 pm

Just woundering what is happening with development of Cam2PC.

Last sign of Nabocorp himself in this forum is on 11 july.

Hope Cam2PC is not dead.

Regards from Sweden.
Golfareninsweden

Postby aeon » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:40 pm

Likewise... I am a fan of Cam2pc and sincerely hope that it is not being neglected.
aeon

Postby martin10018 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:45 pm

Look at this post:

http://www.nabocorp.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

Hello all,

sorry for not replying on this forum. My new job takes me a lot lot of time and I must admit that I do not have the same amount of energy to spend on cam2pc as before. I hope that things will come back like before during summer.

Regards,
Nabocorp
martin10018

Postby morftp » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:29 am

Does it mean, it is dead now? :(
morftp

Dead?

Postby NACarter » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:35 am

It looks that way. It would be good if Nabocorp opened up the source code as Open Source, and then perhaps the rest of us could develop it further.

Nick
NACarter

Postby Jem » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:55 pm

New job or not - he might have the decency to respond in some way. Then we'd all know where are with this. As for me I'm already looking elsewhere - too many outstanding niggles with cam 2 pc. As you say, Open Source would be good...
Jem

Looking Elsewhere

Postby NACarter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:01 pm

If you're looking elsewhere, you may want to look here:

http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm
Digital Image Mover - transfers images from camera to hard disc, with sophisticated renaming. Free.

http://www.exifpro.com/index.html
ExifPro image viewer - looks like a good image viewer. Includes lossless rotation & cropping etc. (Note that Picasa does not do lossless rotation etc.). Shareware - to remove splash screen.

Nick
NACarter

Postby nabocorp » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:41 am

Hello all,

I understand the situation is not what you expected. I am currently looking at different solutions to keep cam2pc alive and will keep you informed.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Hi Nabocorp

Postby NACarter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi Nabocorp,

Good to hear you haven't been run over by a bus! :wink:

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Nick
NACarter

Hmmm...

Postby Jem » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:59 pm

:oops: Well, in my last grumpy post I said I was going to look elsewhere...and I did...and guess what...there is still nothing else that\'s as slick as cam2pc!

Nabocorp - in the name of good software design (which is not always an easy commodity to find)...please find a solution. It would be a crime to let cam2pc stagnate.

Sincerely,
Jem
Jem

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:18 pm

Cam2Pc is my great software, thank to you, Nabocorb. :D
It's usefull, wonderful, if you find a solution for continuiting developement because Cam2Pc is the best software i have ...
But thank a lot for actual software !
Dan

Please, please...

Postby jstartin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:48 pm

[quote="Jem"]:oops: Well, in my last grumpy post I said I was going to look elsewhere...and I did...and guess what...there is still nothing else that\\\'s as slick as cam2pc!

Still my conclusion too! Every other program has something missing that I can\'t do without. But cam2pc does have bugs to fix and improvements to make. So I too hope for a long term solution to maintenance and development. But thanks Nabocorp for what exists.
jstartin

Postby aeon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:35 pm

Cam2PC is the best general purpose tool for me! Some months back I spent the better part of a week evaluating various photo \'album\' software, from the Pro end to shareware, probably approaching a dozen in all. I picked Cam2PC for everyday use as it is the fastest and easiest tool with a decent range of features and particularly good image preview.

In the course of my research I also realised, yet again, that no one piece of software does everything; so I also use another tool for setting IPTC tags. It is doubtless just as well that there is no \'comprehensive\' solution as it would have to have so many bells and whistles to please everybody that it would jangle and peep in all sorts of tiresome ways.

Cam2PC really is a cut above the rest and I am full of admiration for Nabocorp. I sincerely hope that a good solution will be found that allows for its continued, sensibly restrained, developement.
aeon

Postby Bruno » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:31 pm

I hope Cam2PC is still alive,i've just regitered.
Bruno

Postby Jem » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:37 am

Bruno, to save you any regrets...cam2pc is, in my fairly extensive experience, best in class. The issue at the moment is ensuring that nabocorp sells / gives up the rights to the product if he cannot maintain it. No software product of this class should be allowed to fall through a crack in the sidewalk, but then neither should it be picked up and ruined by a large software company who is only concerned about profit.

Let's hope the right solution is found...

Regards,
Jeremy
Jem

Next

Return to cam2pc