Two Canon cameras (EOS and non-EOS)

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Two Canon cameras (EOS and non-EOS)

Postby Herbert Sennhauser » Wed May 04, 2005 8:29 pm

I have a Canon EOS 20D and my daughter owns a Canon A95 (non-EOS). If I run 'cam2pc-canon-eos.exe' then I can use my 20D but not the A95. On the other side if I run 'cam2pc-canon.exe' then I am able to load pictures from the A95 of my daughter. Is there a way to load pictures of one of the two cameras regardless what .exe I run before?

Herbert
Herbert Sennhauser

Re: Two Canon cameras (EOS and non-EOS)

Postby TobyLL » Tue May 24, 2005 6:51 pm

Herbert Sennhauser wrote:Is there a way to load pictures of one of the two cameras regardless what .exe I run before?

I also have 2 Canon cameras, an EOS 300D and a Powershot G2 - here's what works for me:

1) Make sure both cam2pc-canon and cam2pc-canon-eos are installed (I did this in 2 different subdirectories, but I don't think that's necessary)
2) Connect and switch on your camera (either one)
3) Start "Image Downloader" (if it doesn't come up automatically)
4) Select "Tools /Options"
5) Under the "Transfer" section, there is a selection box for "Camera Type" - set this to "Canon Camera" for the EOS camera, or "WIA/PTP Camera" for the non-EOS (this works for my G2, might be slightly different for other models)
6) Download away!

I hope this helps - it's a bit awkward, but better than having to install different files each time...

TobyLL
TobyLL

Postby Herbert Sennhauser » Wed May 25, 2005 8:01 pm

Your tip helped! It is really a bit awkward, but it works!

Thanks a lot.
Herbert
Herbert Sennhauser

Return to cam2pc