File Renaming on Transfer

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Postby kiig » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:34 am

Mine are named D75Cxxxx.jpg if you mean the original filename on the CF card... Does that apply aswell... ? :roll:
...From a Canon 1D...
kiig

Postby nabocorp » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:54 am

Yes as cam2pc 4.5.1 was looking for the first number in the filename so it will always find 75 for all pictures. Now it will find 75xxxx.

I think this bug is definitely terminated :D

Stay tuned for the release that's gonna be in the next few days.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby nabocorp » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:32 am

4.5.2 is released and fixes the bug!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby ivarknut » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Thank you :)
ivarknut

Postby kiig » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:36 pm

Yes, - thanx very much Nabocorp... what's your name anyway ? :-)

My files now behave as predicted, - and my Raw files remains untouched and working.... :D

Kim Igel
kiig

File Renaming on Transfer

Postby siasconset » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi! I am surprised to see that the last message on this was almost three years ago.

I have been collecting pictures for the last year or so because I can't get Cam2pc 4.6.1 to rename my pictures properly as it used to do.

I always set Tools/Options in the Downloader to name the destination directory using \"initialize date with transfer date,\" and set File Renaming to \"%Y.%m.%d %h.%u.%s.%{ext}\". This always worked fine before. Now I get a bunch of pictures named with year/month/day and hour/minute with a sequence number added for multiple pics in same minute--on MOST, but not all, pictures (2008.01.23 19.49 (1).jpg. 2008.01.23 19.49 (2).jpg, 2008.01.23 19.49 (3).jpg, 2008.01.23 19.49.32.jpg).

It makes no difference whether I check \"Automatically append a number to avoid duplicates,\" because if I don\'t, Cam2pc refuses to download.

As if that weren\'t enough, I was a little suspicious of the dates & times on this last batch and found, on examining file date/time and EXIF data that the Cam2pc renames had nothing in common with the file & EXIF dates/times, (which agreed perfectly), but rather all of the files had been renamed with the date of the first picture. Even the video clips, which were the only files bearing the correct name format (sometimes) got named for this first date.

On close examination, there are so many naming errors I can't even keep track of them all or describe them here (I could send a directory listing by E-mail, however)

Please help. Things are getting worse and I have not been able to use the Cam2pc I purchased some years ago at all.

Thanks.
siasconset

Postby kiig » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi siasconset.

I'm using 4.6.1 and it's working fine in my end. I have "Get date for each individual picture" ticked under Directory Creation, - and I would assume that it only has something to do with 'directory creation'... but try it, - you'll never know :-)

My files are renamed 'correctly' according to my Exif data (with appended (1) or similar when I have more than 1 shot within the same 'second_timeframe'.

I just think the term 'for each individual picture' sounds like something to try. Maybe it controls the file-creation as well ?. I can test it further if you have no luck. Please let me know.

Kim.
kiig

Previous

Return to cam2pc