Auto download from card reader?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Auto download from card reader?

Postby ablock » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:47 am

I know that cam2pc will autodownload when I attach my camera, is there a way to make it autodownload when I put a card in my reader?
ablock

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:56 am

Hello,

if you are running Windows XP then refer to this thread on the forum: http://www.nabocorp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48. Otherwise you are out of luck!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby ablock » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:57 am

I am running Win2K so I guess I'm out of luck. There are other programs that are able to do this trick eg, Epson card monitor, or Sony's image transfer, but they lack other configuration features of cam2pc. Sure would be nice if this feature could be added for those of us who don't want to switch to XP :>(
ablock

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:08 am

In fact there is in cam2pc two distinct methods to detect the insertion of a removable device. Some card readers are detected (like mine) while others are not... If someday I think of a third way to detect a removable device insertion I'll sure put it in cam2pc!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Why some readers and not others?

Postby ablock » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:32 pm

I am currently using the card reader that is part of my HP photosmart printer, but readers are cheap. Which one are you using (that cam2pc recognizes) If it's something I could buy and not need to spend to much it might be worth it.

Do you know why some readers are recognized and other not. My reader is recognized as a drive by windows (I can see it in MY COMPUTER as drive G). I need to be able to use both CF cards and memory sticks.
ablock

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:33 pm

I use a Lexar 2in1 that reads CompactFlash and SmartMedia cards but there is no guarantee that other Lexar readers will be detected by cam2pc. As for why some readers are detected and others are not I simply do not know.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc