Suggestion: support audio files

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

How important is it to add audio support to cam2pc? (5 greatest)

50%
No votes
17%
8%
25%

Total votes : 12

Suggestion: support audio files

Postby brandonforgod » Tue May 10, 2005 11:08 pm

I wanted to suggest that .wav files are included in the list of items cam2pc uses. You see, I used to use cam2pc all the time, but then discovered that a similar (but not as good in ways such as no smooth zooming) free program called Brennigs. It does list .wav files and will play them.

The reason this is so important is new cameras will allow you to take an audio note along with the picture which I think is great for memories. Unfortunately, though, most programs cannot read the embedded-in-image audio file (HP Camera), so I export them to .wavs named the same as the image so they're side-by-side and I can enjoy the memories together.

I'm sorry I have to switch to Brennigs for most everything because of this, so I wanted to let you know.

I will probably use camp2pc sometimes when I want to zoom or rotate images.

Thank you for the update though.. the new features (including mini preview) helped me almost switch forever.

Thanks again.
brandonforgod

Postby martin10018 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:55 am

I would give it a zero, if I could.

The only possibility would be to play the embedded soundfile with the picture. No separate support for audio files is needed.
martin10018

Embbedded audio play may not be an option

Postby brandonforgod » Fri May 13, 2005 2:04 pm

That would be better, but I have never seen a program be able to do HP's propetary format. I, instaed, use the widely compatable .wav format so many programs can access it (including Brennigs). If you give this poll a high rating, cam2pc may implement that feature with .wavs or embedded in the image if they can.
brandonforgod

Postby pinzonazul » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:49 pm

I don't want that, cam2pc is photo software, not audio. IMHO.
pinzonazul

Postby NACarter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:27 am

I think it would be good for Cam2PC to be able to play WAVs associated with an image. I agree that further audio support is not necessary.
NACarter

Return to cam2pc