Two camaras, two people

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Two camaras, two people

Postby Pieter » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi,

My father just bought himself a digicam too (Pentax *istD). As we are sharing the same PC, this changes my way of looking at cam2pc in two ways:

- While I am using all software in English, I now greatly appreciate the Dutch translation. Consequently, if I can be of any support for Dutch translation, I'll gladly do. So if Erik Herlaar would read this, he can give me a sign if he needs help (pieter.public@advalvas.be).

- I would like to keep my photo's and my parents photo's somewhat separate. Consequently, I'm looking for some "profile" feature in the download menu: Currently, filters,... are properly set to arrange all downloaded photos by date (yyyy-mm-dd-<prompt>) in my folder. All I want is the same being done with my parents photo's, but in another folder. It could even be automated based on the camera ID: I noticed that my minolta makes a DCIM/100MLT... directory on the sandisks and pentax makes another DCIM/101PNTX... (or so), so the source folder could be used to determine the target dir. I couldn't find such thing. If something alike would be possible with cam2pc, I'd appreciate to hear. (Or other sugestions?)

By the way, my parents are much much less computer minded then I am and they get along with the basic functionality of cam2pc very well. So user friendlyness of cam2pc does not need to be doubted.

Thanks

Pieter
Pieter

Postby nabocorp » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:45 am

Hello,

multiple profiles should be in 5.0.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

I\'d love profiles

Postby freddycam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:51 pm

I am one and the same person using camp2pc on my PC, but I would very much appreciate multiple profiles.
I transfer images directly from my camera (WIA/PTP), when I just have a couple on my card, or I fetch them off the ImageTank, which connects via USB.
It\'s getting tedious switching the settings in the Options dialog.

Looking forward to 5.0

Fred
freddycam

Postby martin10018 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:53 am

If it ever sees the light of day...
martin10018

Postby leolu » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:54 pm

:( .. yes Martin .. I doubt it too .. too bad
leolu

Multiple camera support?

Postby Robert » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:48 pm

We (my wife and me) also use two camera. Unfortunatly I can not use cam2pc downloader for both of them because of different ways how the cameras connect to the computer.
I do not need multiple profiles. I need MULTIPLE CAMERA SUPPORT by cam2pc. Is there any way at current version 4.5.2? Otherwise I look forward to version 5. Is there any planned release date?

Thanks for any answer
Robert
Robert

Postby martin10018 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:04 pm

Sorry to say, Robert, but cam2pc is dead...
martin10018

Postby Robert » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:55 pm

Why? Where does that information come from?
Robert

Return to cam2pc