Download Failed, Program Will Not End Task

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Download Failed, Program Will Not End Task

Postby jimbo987 » Fri May 02, 2003 9:11 pm

So I loved this program the first times I used it...

Canon powershot s200 via USB
most current canon twain driver

I think I was runnning too many other progs when I used it most recently because on the first attempt I got no pictures from the download. I tried to exit the prog - no luck... Then I tried to End Task... Wouldn't let me. I figure it was still trying to to talk to the camera.

I rebooted.

Tried again, with nothing else running. It looked like it was gonna do it. I got the chance to name the directory, and it started the download - then froze.

I rebooted again.

It turns out I got 3 of the 15 pics. The pictures aren't crucial. Should I format/erase the flashcard or is there some other solution. Again, it appears the issue is that something happened while downloading the first time, and it hangs up each sucessive time. I am otherwise completely digging your prog! Thanks.
jimbo987

Postby nabocorp » Mon May 05, 2003 10:11 am

Did you try to download the pictures with Canon's program? It may help decide if the pictures are corrupted on the memory card or if it is a cam2pc issue.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

issue resolved

Postby jimbo987 » Mon May 05, 2003 4:37 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

After formatting the memory card in the camera, I took some more pics and tried to download again. The new pics without hiccups. Lost the original pics to the formatting, but they weren't pulitzer winners... Perhaps the USB became unplugged while attempting to download the first time? :roll: Love your program BTW.
jimbo987

Postby jimbo987 » Mon May 05, 2003 4:39 pm

BTW, I bought the camera used and do not have the original Canon software. I was having trouble finding it available online, so I stumbled across yours. I don't think I will need the Canon software now... :D
jimbo987

Return to cam2pc