Cam2PC errors while transferring Canon Raw \

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Postby Andre Affleck » Wed May 25, 2005 9:41 am

I have the same problem as above (20D) but I also noticed that if you shoot with the RAW+JPEG option, the RAW files show up in the transfer list, but the JPEGS do not. Additionally, after transfering, you not only get the error mentioned above, but the JPEGS do not transfer, just the RAW files.
Andre Affleck

Postby pdefeo » Fri May 27, 2005 2:36 pm

BadMike,

The 350XT does not have the same sensor as the 20D. Canon created a new sensor with approximately the same number of megapixels for the 350XT.

Paul

BadMike wrote:Unfortunately the 350D whilst producing .CR2 files actually produces something different to the 20D.

Why it's different I don't know, same CCD same DIGIC II processor, Adobe's raw plug-in and it's DNG converter don't work with the .CR2 files produced by my 350D even though the 20D is listed as supported.

I have emailed a sample file to Nabocorp (I think they got it, I haven't had any response though). So hopefully they will be able to suss it out.
pdefeo

Errors after transfering each image from Canon D20

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:29 pm

Check out the latest version of Zoombrowser Ex from Canon\'s website. It really is improved and supports loads of DSC and Video cameras D20, and 350D are included.
Ray_Milgrom

Postby MarcoS » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:21 pm

Hello from good old germany!

I'm a great fan of cam2pc. I'm very interested in a solution concerning RAW (cr2) data of 20D or 350D (rebel xt I guess). Are there any new information?

greetings,

Marco
MarcoS

Postby MarcoS » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:19 pm

Again hello from germany,

this time pretty disappointed. Still no fix for the wrong treatment of Canon-RAWs. I think it's time to look for a new software. At least any kind of announcment would have been nice - but still no reply.

Waiting just a little bit...

bye MarcoS
MarcoS

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:42 pm

MarcoS wrote:Again hello from germany,

this time pretty disappointed. Still no fix for the wrong treatment of Canon-RAWs. I think it\'s time to look for a new software. At least any kind of announcment would have been nice - but still no reply.

Waiting just a little bit...

bye MarcoS

Download the Latest Canom Zoombrowser EX. It now supports 350D and D20 +
Ray_Milgrom

Postby MarcoS » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:24 am

Ray_Milgrom wrote:Download the Latest Canom Zoombrowser EX. It now supports 350D and D20 +

Hi!

I know that! But the Canon-software isn't half as intelligent as cam2pc handles the renaming and storing. I'd wish I could stick to cam2pc but there is only little hope left. I can't understand, why the programmer does not react in any way...

regards,

Marco
MarcoS

Any news

Postby leolu » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi, thats just another up.
I bought a 350D this summer, and now I also have the problem with CR2s.
I'm also desperate as I loved cam2pc and picked it from all the other image browsers.
I'd be ready to pay for an upgrade or whatever ..

Otherwise, like others, I'd like to know if cam2pc has a future .. otherwise I'll switch ..to womething else .. but I don't know what to ..
ACDSee ? BreezeBrowser + downloader ? .. anyone has an opinion ?

Thanks.
leolu

Don't bother paying they have not sent me my code and I get

Postby Rod_rph » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Don't bother paying they have not sent me my code and I get no response from any one. They take your money and run. :cry:

Is any one even reading this forum at Nanocorp Please contact me!!!!
Rod_rph

Previous

Return to cam2pc