Newbie question: Difference \

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Newbie question: Difference \

Postby Benqo » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:19 pm

Hi,

I first started with the freeware version but I definetly appreciate the shareware (not registered yet but I have 29days left :) )one because it has this nifty feature - preview before downloading!
Well, I selected a couple of my pictures and pressed \"OK\" - a new window appears. It shows a small preview pic of the first selected picture. Aside the date and a field for the description. I enter any name which came up that second - and pressed simply \"Yes\".
So far quite fair. But thinking about what\'s exactly the difference between \"Yes\" and \"Yes to All\"?
Actually I tried both selections and they end up with the same result. If I enter a description in the field and press either \"Yes\" or \"Yes to All\" ALL pictures are transferred.
From the logical point of view shouldn\'t it be so that \"Yes to All\" means the description is valid for every pic but yes should mean only for the current picture - or am I wrong?

Any hint, tip, flame welcome. ;)

Benqo
Benqo

Postby NACarter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:50 am

Hi Bengo,
There will be no difference if you only have images from a single date. The difference arises when you have images taken on different dates on your camera. Clicking on "OK" will allow you to enter a new description for each new date that the downloader finds (i.e. to add to the folder name that it creates), but "OK for All" will supply the same description for all images it finds.

Hope this helps.

Nick
NACarter

Postby nabocorp » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:13 pm

More precisely "OK for All" really means "OK for remaining pictures" but the full text did not fit in the button. This means that you can have a description for the first day and another one for the (2nd and 3rd).

nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc