Canon Raw Images

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Canon Raw Images

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:26 pm

Sorry to be dense: Cam2PC is not transferring Canon Raw images.

A dialogue box warned that the Canon utilities were required and I have installed them.

Does one still have to use the "Eos Viewer Utility" to transfer the raw files? The motive for using Cam2PC is that the Canon program is labour intensive to use.

After the Canon utilities have been installed can Cam2PC be made to transfer the raw images?
Ray_Milgrom

Postby nabocorp » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:05 am

Hello,

normally it should. Does the Configuration Wizard correctly detect your camera? Did you download the right Canon package: there are two packages. One for EOS cameras and one for non-EOS cameras.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Canon Raw Images

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:22 pm

Thanks for responding.

Yes the camera is correctly recognised.

1. I uninstalled Cam2PC, (which had been installed from "cam2pc-free.exe" and 4,018,272 bytes) then reinstalled Cam2PC from "cam2pc-setup.exe" (4,779,282 bytes).

2. I installed "cam2pc-canon-eos.exe" (1,056,661 bytes). This is the same software as previously installed.

2. I upgraded the camera firmware from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0

It all works well except that all raw image transfers result in an error "an error occured during the transfer of file _MG_2558.CR2. Do you want to continue the transfer?".

After answering "Yes" the transfers proceed. The viewer opens the raw image OK though.

Please forgive the duplication between this post and the one about Automatic Folder Creation. It seemed best to include the information in both replies in case they were dealt with by different techies.
Ray_Milgrom

Postby sampson » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:12 pm

I also have the exact same problem when using cam2pc for my EOS 20d. It makes the download very slow as I have to sit and click each error, not very handy when pulling 50 or so images from the camera. Using a card reader does not seem to have the same problems, although it would be better to use this software with the camera.
I hesitate on making any purchases unless this can be corrected.
Thanks.
sampson

Return to cam2pc