Automatic Folder creation

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Automatic Folder creation

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:22 pm

When files were to be uploaded to the defult location under "My Documents\..." a new folder was created for each different image date. This was in harmony with my file creation setting.

When I changed the root for the Cam2PC files to "F:\Images\_20D" a folder was created for the earliest dated image but all of the images were placed in theer despite some being of a later date.

Help Please?
Ray_Milgrom

Postby nabocorp » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:06 am

The destination folder should not alter the way cam2pc behaves. Are you sure you did not hit the "Yes for all" button when downloading?

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Automatic Folder Creation

Postby Ray_Milgrom » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:18 pm

I appreciate your response.

Perhaps I made some mistake before - hard to say - but it's working fine now although there have been two changes:

1. I uninstalled Cam2PC, (which had been installed from "cam2pc-free.exe" and 4,018,272 bytes) then reinstalled Cam2PC from "cam2pc-setup.exe" (4,779,282 bytes).

2. I upgraded the camera firmware from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0

It all works well except that all raw image transfers result in an error "an error occured during the transfer of file _MG_2558.CR2. Do you want to continue the transfer?".

Please forgive the duplication between this post and the one about Canon Raw Images. It seemed best to include the information in both replies in case they were dealt with by different techies.
After answering "Yes" the transfers proceed. The viewer opens the raw image OK though.
Ray_Milgrom

Return to cam2pc