the month is in english !

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Postby davaelshet » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:25 pm

hello,
i am a new french user of cam2pc (i have downloaded the french version).
i have created a folder for my photos : %Y-%m (%M)

it works but the month is in english !!

How can i put the month in french ?

thanks
davaelshet

Postby nabocorp » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:12 am

Do you have a french or an english version of Windows?

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby davaelshet » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:01 pm

in reply,
i have downloaded the french version: in fact the english version plus the
french patch.
all is in french, except the month !!

thanks

D. Arrouch
davaelshet

Postby nabocorp » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:51 pm

I meant your Windows operating system. Is it an english version or a french version?
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby davaelshet » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:04 pm

i use windows xp pro sp2 in french.

i have installed cam2pc in another computer, also in french xp pro sp2, and the result is the same : the month is always in english !

???????
thanks
davaelshet

Postby davaelshet » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:26 pm

good night,
i have installed cam2pc in a third french computer (xp pro), and the result is still the same.

Regards,
D.A.
davaelshet

Postby hussonl » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:04 am

Same problem on a French Win XP Pro SP1 with all patchs from WindowsUpdate (except SP2) and with the French setup of cam2pc v4.5.1 (not the English setup + the French patch).

But maybe it's because some of my development tools (Visual Studio .NET, Installshield) are in English.
Some years ago, after installing an English release of IE on an French Windows 98, some parts of the Windows Explorer were translated in English while others remains in French.
The problem we have currently is maybe (probably) because some Windows system DLLs have been replaced by an English equivalent !
hussonl

Postby nabocorp » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:27 pm

So to speak in development terms: No I think the problem comes from the fact that MFC is statically linked into cam2pc and therefore it is linked with the English version of the MFC resources. In the translation process those do not get translated.

In "normal" terms: there is currently no workaround for this. As fixing this would require a resource update and as I do not like to do resource updates in patch releases I cannot give a timeframe as to when this will be fixed.

In terms of media organization I do not think it is very useful to use the month name in full letter because you loose the fact that your files maybe sorted alphabetically and chronologically at the same time. Howerver this is a personal opinion and you certainly have good reasons to use it.

If this is really a showstopper for you and you are a registered user of the Shareware version then please get in touch directly with me by mail: info at nabocorp dot com.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby hussonl » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:05 pm

nabocorp wrote:In terms of media organization I do not think it is very useful to use the month name in full letter because you loose the fact that your files maybe sorted alphabetically and chronologically at the same time. Howerver this is a personal opinion and you certainly have good reasons to use it.

I agree with you.
I don't use this mask for naming my pictures/directories and I don't plan to use it in the future.
I've done the test only to see if I had the same result as davaelshet.
hussonl

Postby davaelshet » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:09 pm

thank you for your quick answers.

In reply, when i create a folder, i put the year, the number of the month, and the name of the month. (ex : 2003-08-August)

I agree with you : it's not so important, but i think it's easier to find a photo when you see the name of the month !

So i will wait the next update !

Regards,
Davaelshet.
davaelshet

Return to cam2pc