CHK file

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

CHK file

Postby bdigenna » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:32 pm

Hi,

First I would like to say that I find the software excellent! It is intuitive and have had no problems.

I am having a problem with some of my pictures, but am unsure if it is due to the cam2pc software or something else as this has never happened before.

The folder in which I hold my photos suddenly has been renamed to FOUND.000 and FOUND.001 and moved to another location in my directory.

When I found these files, all the photos have the CHK extension. In windows explorer and in the thumbnail view, the photos cannot be viewed until I double click on them. I associated the pictures with cam2pc and am running windows 2000 professional.

Does anyone know how I can save these pictures? or convert them back to jpg? I would like to convert them back and burn them to a CD but am worried about losing them.

I would appreciate any help!!
bdigenna

Postby nabocorp » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:42 am

FOUND.000, FOUND.001 are created by scandisk the Microsoft software that fixes your hard drive when something wrong happened. For instance after a Windows crash, scandisk is run automatically at the next reboot.

The problem is that scandisk does not recover the files as they were and most of the time thos FOUND.* files are unusable except if what you lost are pure text files. As far as I am concerned I never tried to do anything with these files!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc