Questions - black pictures and red eye

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Questions - black pictures and red eye

Postby Daddie » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 pm

First off, I would like to say thank you for a great program. After I outgrew the basic software from my digicam and went looking for a replacement, cam2pc looked like the best and I have yet to find a better one. I feel bad sending some critiicisms, as you seem great to work with, but here goes.

1: My daughter seems extremely succeptable to red eye, however, only part of the time your algorithms seem to remove it. Is there something I am doing wrong? I select the red part and nothing happens or only part of the red goes away. The stuff remaining is still really red too, so it seems like the software is not seeing the red. I can forward samples if this is something you would like to look at.

2: My wife came to me panicked that we had lost some images. From what I can see, some images just show up black. I can view the thumbnail, and they will load in Photoshop, so it seems confined to cam2pc. Has anyone else had this issue?
Daddie

Postby nabocorp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:38 pm

Hello,

1. did you try to play with the detection strength settings? In any case please send me some samples: info at nabocorp.com.

2. Same: if you could send me some samples...

Thanks,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby Daddie » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:21 pm

Thanks for the info on the red eye. That must be a newer feature. I have never seen that show up before. Yes, the strength feature works to grab the last few I tried.

As far as the black screen, as soon as I get thunderbird working with my email, I will forward a sample.
Scott
Daddie

Some addl information

Postby Daddie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:32 pm

After looking at my library, it seems to have just started when shooting one day in 2003. It only affects rotated images. I am not sure it is from your software or my previous software, (standard Casio Photoloader). It only affects the shots from my old Casio camera, not the new Olympus. So from that info, it sounds like an issue with the jpg file. Is that what you think also from my sample? On the other hand, the pictures load in Photoshop Elements...

Any thoughts?

Scott
Daddie

Return to cam2pc