Offline Contents Empty

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Offline Contents Empty

Postby wippel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:00 am

I want to add some file from a CD to the offline contents. I select Tools:Catalog Images... I set the drive to my CD. I press start, it finds over 700 files. I press cancel when it is done. I go to Offline Contents and there is nothing there, in fact there is a red X under the symbol. What am I doing wrong?
wippel

offline trouble

Postby chas6000 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:22 am

did you ever get offline working? i am running 4.5 on Winxp sp1 and it is not working for me either. i catalog the CD and remove it and go to offline folder in tree, click on + and get nothing...

any ideas!!??

thanks!!
chas6000

Offline contents lost

Postby marii » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:25 pm

Hallo,

I have cataloged a lot of CD-s with cam2pc 4.4. After upgrade to 4.5 I cannot see them any more. At the same time, Albums made earlier are still existing. Now I have upgraded to 4.5.1, but it is the same - no cataloged images (CD-s).

I can\'t cataloge new CD-s either - Tools -- Catalog images is grew and not usable.
Offline Contents is empty and not to choose (by right-click is the menu grew).

Any suggestions? How can I
1) get my earlier Offline contents back;
2) cataloge new CD-s?

Windows XP, registered version of cam2pc.

With regards,
marii
marii

Re: Offline contents lost

Postby chas6000 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:41 pm

marii wrote:Hallo,

I have cataloged a lot of CD-s with cam2pc 4.4. After upgrade to 4.5 I cannot see them any more. At the same time, Albums made earlier are still existing. Now I have upgraded to 4.5.1, but it is the same - no cataloged images (CD-s).

I can\'t cataloge new CD-s either - Tools -- Catalog images is grew and not usable.
Offline Contents is empty and not to choose (by right-click is the menu grew).

Any suggestions? How can I
1) get my earlier Offline contents back;
2) cataloge new CD-s?

Windows XP, registered version of cam2pc.

With regards,
marii

i am also still having the same problems you describe and i am using 451. i have not tried to catalog any CDs before 45 but in both 45 and 451 it doesnt work for me.

but your description sounds different. i can go through all the motions - selecting tools and catalog images, etc and after the search through (and finding all files) looks like everything is normal. but no cd in the offline contents folder.

yours sounds almost like it thinks you are a freeware version! and is not recognizing your registration! (because catalog images is greyed out)
chas6000

Postby jstartin » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:47 pm

As Nabocorp hasn't answered this yet I thought I would add my comments.

The \"offline thumbnails\" facility works for me with cam2pc v4.5 and WinXPSP1.

I remember that one or two updates ago the database engine changed and some things stopped working unless the old thumbnail database was deleted (just renaming would be safer :wink: ) and recreated from scratch. So, if you started with an earlier version and upgraded......

marii - Greyed out \"Catalogue Images\" command. First check that \"cache thumbnails\" is enabled in options. If it is not the catalogue command will, indeed, be unavailable.
jstartin

Postby chas6000 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:20 pm

thanks for the help. but after choosing delete database and then saying NO dont discontinue cacheing, and rebuilding the database, and then CATALOG IMAGES, and removing the CD, I still get no entry under OFFLINE CONTENTS and when I click on OFFLINE CONTENTS expansion icon i get a message about having to CATALOG IMAGES before ....

am using 4.5.1

thanks for trying to help. did you DELETE your database in some other way??? i just chose DELETE DATABASE from the pulldown.....
chas6000

Postby jstartin » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:23 pm

On the release of 4.4, when the database was redesigned, I actually deleted the old database from the cam2pc directory with Windows File Explorer, without having cam2pc running (actually before installing the new version), and then recatalogued everything. I really don\'t know if that is the answer or not, but as I said, offline content is working properly after upgrading to 4.5 and then 4.5.1.

Looking back at your post I see you catalogued with 4.4 so I suspect the problem must be something else anyway.
jstartin

Return to cam2pc