Several Cameras used

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Several Cameras used

Postby wireball » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:24 am

I have a Minolta 7HI & a Canon S1 IS. Can cam2pc be configured to automatically open on whether either one is connected or can only one be setup up to open?
If a card reader was used could the directory for both Cf cards (one from each camera) be set to open automatically? On the CF cards the folders have different names.
wireball

Postby Jan Paul » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:55 pm

Hi wireball,

I suggest you use a card reader and configure it so it uses the same drive letter.
My experience is that different directories does not matter because Cam2PC is looking in every subdirectory.
So if your Card Reader is G: than use G:\ as the root for Cam2PC. All subdirectories which have images and movies will be transferred.

I have also two different cams (a Kodak and a Sony). One has a CompactFlash and the other a MemoryStick. The Kodak is using MOV files and the Sony AVI files. Both cards have different folders names.
When I use my card reader (internal reader in my laptop) it does not matter which card I put in it: they are both transferred to my laptop.
I am using the "flatten directory" option and the "use different subdirectories" option to put all my files where I want them.
The images of both cams end up into the same directory stucture, so I can browse them in sequential order regardless of which cam they were taken.

This works brilliantly!

Regards,
Jan Paul
Jan Paul

Return to cam2pc