Can't rotate Nikon RAW (NEF)

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Can't rotate Nikon RAW (NEF)

Postby wolmar » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:35 am

I don't seem to be able to rotate my NEF files. In thumbnailview the rotate-option is grayed out but when in fullscreen i can rotate the picures and see the effect. However when i press escape the rotation isn't saved.

Also my old NEF pictures, that I have rotated with Nikon View, cam2pc shows the correct rotated thumbnail but when i show picture in fullscreen it is no longer rotated.

I run the 30-day trial, tried this wonderful program a few month ago but then the raw support was not yet implemented so I didn't buy it then. Now it works great and fast with raw but i would very much like to be able to rotate them.

I have serached the forum and help-files but have not found anything about this, so i don't know if it's a bug or if rotation of nef is not yet implemented.
wolmar

Postby nabocorp » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:52 am

Hello,

rotation for RAW files is not supported. This would require way too much work to be able to support rewriting all the RAW formats knowing that specifications for most of them are not made public by the manufacturers,

Sorry,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby wolmar » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:14 am

Ah, yes i understand that changeing rotations on NEF must be hard because i have never found any program other than Nikon View that does this.

However do you think it might be possible to fix so that the pictures rotated with nikonview displays correct in fullscreen and not only correct as thumbnail in cam2pc? This would make it possible to just use Nikon View for rotations and cam2pc for everything else.

Anyways you can pride yourself with beeing faster than Nikon View when it comes to displaying the NEFs in fullscreen. :wink:
wolmar

Postby Rog » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:00 pm

nabocorp wrote:Hello,

rotation for RAW files is not supported. This would require way too much work to be able to support rewriting all the RAW formats knowing that specifications for most of them are not made public by the manufacturers,

Sorry,
nabocorp

Rotations could be done only to the thumbnails/previews just as a viewing aid with no special processing at all!
That would be very convenient as you can imagine.

Roger
Rog

Return to cam2pc