Renaming files bug in 4.4.2 version

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Renaming files bug in 4.4.2 version

Postby pinzonazul » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:35 am

Hi, I've found a possible bug :cry: in the lastest version of cam2pc (freeware version). When I try to rename a group of image files ordering them numerically, they don't get renamed, they simply vanish! :shock: . Yes, they get deleted. Fortunately, I've had still the images on my camera so I could redownload them and rename them one by one. But this is a little bit boring. Is this any patch available or maybe will it be soon? I love cam2pc & I'd like to keep using it. Thanks.
pinzonazul

Postby jstartin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:23 pm

Are you sure they have vanished completely? An easy mistake in renaming is to forget to put the file extension (.jpg or whatever) back; this is NOT automatic. Then cam2pc will not show a thumbnail and, depending how the options are set, may ignore the file completely.
jstartin

Postby pinzonazul » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:09 pm

jstartin wrote:Are you sure they have vanished completely? An easy mistake in renaming is to forget to put the file extension (.jpg or whatever) back; this is NOT automatic. Then cam2pc will not show a thumbnail and, depending how the options are set, may ignore the file completely.

In fact, you were right :lol: . Thanks a lot and I'm sorry for bothering you with this triviality. :wink:
pinzonazul

Postby nabocorp » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:42 pm

I agree that a warning could be added if the extension is modified...

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc