upload images to the camera

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

upload images to the camera

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:29 pm

Hi there!

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but is there a way to upload images from the PC to a PTP-camera? I don't have a card reader and that way it would be possible to copy images to a CF-card and hand them to a local shop for printing.

It would be great, if I could just hit the "copy album"-icon and my camera would show up as a device in the "select destination"-treeview.

But even when I don't use cam2pc and try it with the windows explorer, it doesn't work. My Canon S45 shows up as a device under "my computer", and I can drag (copy) files FROM the camera to my hard disk, but it won't let me do it the other way round.

Any ideas if that is possible?
Thanks!

Tom
Tom

camera does not support upload

Postby wannerlaufer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:31 pm

I am not sure but I guess thats the reason why it does not work under the win explorer.

Buy a card reader thats my advice they come really cheap this days. I have got one which only does CF cards and is therefore so small I got it in my camera bag all the time. Uses up less space than the link cable which came with my camera....

Why do you carry your pics via flash card to the local photo shop ? I have discovered that in most cases it is much cheaper to send the pics to some internet based developing company and have them sent back by mail. I am checking regularly the prices and sometimes the gap between the cheapest and the most expensive is stunning...

well at least thats the case over here, Frankfurt/Germany that is....
wannerlaufer

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:54 pm

Yeah, probably you're right and an upload to my camera is in fact not possible.

Maybe I think about a card reader, but the idea to let the photos be printed out over the internet sounds really good. Actually, I am so used to my local shop that I just haven't thought about this... I live in Germany too, do you have any suggestions about an internet service that delivers a good quality and service?

Thanks for your tips!
Tom
Tom

Return to cam2pc