cam2pc 4.4 RC1 available

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Color cast with Minolta RAW (MRW) files

Postby Joost » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:16 am

Jut like with the Nikon NEF files the MRW files from my Minolta Dimage 7Hi are experiencing a considerable color cast.
This cast isn’t there when using a program like the Minolta Image Viewer or Adobe Photoshop.

I can send you some example files by e-mail or send an url, what you prefer.

The MRW files also come with a thumb file (THM) that is not readable for cam2pc in the first “editingâ€
Last edited by Joost on Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joost

Red Eye removal

Postby Joost » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:22 am

Like the new red eye removal, especially the amount of removal that I can control.
I think it would be even greater if you also make it possible to select the replacement color.

Regards,

Joost.
Joost

Bug report

Postby stephenjd » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:38 am

If I have a thumbnail selected in Thumbnails view, then switch to Details view, no image is shown as selected. I would expect the same image to be shown as selected.
stephenjd

Re: E-Mail Problems with Thunderbird

Postby nabocorp » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:08 am

Jem wrote:Don't know about other e-mail clients, but if I try to send images using the 'Attach Images As They Are' option to my default e-mail client (Thunderbird) I get no images attached, just a 'dummy folder' attached to the T.Bird 'Compose' window. Using the other options seems to work OK.

Fixed in next 4.4.

nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Re: Bug report

Postby nabocorp » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:11 am

stephenjd wrote:If I have a thumbnail selected in Thumbnails view, then switch to Details view, no image is shown as selected. I would expect the same image to be shown as selected.

Fixed in next 4.4.

nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Speedy Wheeeee!

Postby jan.jedryka » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:22 pm

Am using the beta version and love the speed, the CRW and the exif. The preview has a red cast to it but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks.
Will keep you posted if I find andy bugs.

Jan
jan.jedryka

Postby nabocorp » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:27 am

Hello,

the rc1 has a new option to set the default white balance mode when viewing RAW images fullscreen. First time you view a RAW fullscreen you will get a message explaining this. Hope this will fix all the color cast issues.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Beta 2

Postby martin10018 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:46 am

The old 'no mouse wheel after deleting' bug has returned...

http://www.nabocorp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=371
martin10018

NABOCORP: Remaining Directory Delete Issue...

Postby Jem » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:31 pm

Hi,

You seem to have fixed my issue of crashing cam2pc by creating (via download) and then deleting a Sub Directory on an alternative physical drive.

However (and maybe you think this is a relatively minor issue...?), if you manually create a new Sub Directory on an alternate drive and then immediately delete it, you get the same crash i.e 'cam2pc has had a problem etc etc etc...

Ok, rare occurance, but I did this genuinely i.e created the folder to move some photos to it, changed my mind, deleted it and 'Bang'....repeatable problem.

Only way I could stop this happening was to manually 'Update Thumbnails' before deleting the Sub Directory. Must be a way of handling this better (i.e avoid the crash)....if the user deletes a Sub Directory, can you trigger a database update automatically, before carrying out the delete instruction? Maybe this would cover it....??

Otherwise, RC1 looks good (in my opinion).... :D

Thanks,
Jem
Jem

White balance mode for viewing RAW images

Postby Joost » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:46 pm

Just tested the new white balance color mode and it works for me using the mrw files with the following results:

- None produces the red color cast as seen before;
- Auto has a little red color cast;
- Camera seems to give the most natural look.

Joost.
Joost

Re: White balance mode for viewing RAW images

Postby nabocorp » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:54 am

Joost wrote:Just tested the new white balance color mode and it works for me using the mrw files with the following results:
- None produces the red color cast as seen before;
- Auto has a little red color cast;
- Camera seems to give the most natural look.
Joost.

That's good news and means a "go" for the 4.4 release!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Wrong exposure bias for Canon A80

Postby pdefeo » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:47 pm

I am really liking the speed of version 4.4. The only issue I've seen so far is the a wrong exposure bias value for my Canon camera. If my exposure is set to 0, the ExposureBiasValue shows 0 EV. When I set my exposure to -1/3, the ExposureBiasValue shows -5.61434e+006 EV. Somehow I don't think that is right. Also, the ShutterSpeedValue shows numbers ranging from -1.4 to 8.9 for a set of photos, while the ExposureTime shows the correct shutter speed. Everything else seems to display correctly. I am using the free version for now, looking to upgrade to the shareware version soon.

Another small issue, the Aperture value in the drop-down box for the photo shows the aperture as 2.8 or 5.6, for example, and the Exif pane or Exif window shows the ApertureValue as 2.7 or 5.5 respectively. This could just be a rounding issue.

Thanks.

Paul
pdefeo

Postby nabocorp » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:35 pm

pdefeo > Can you send me some sample pictures please? Just tried with my Canon IXUS and ExposureBiasValue is correctly reported.

Thanks,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby pdefeo » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:01 pm

The pictures are on there way. Let me know if you don't get them.

Thanks.

Paul

nabocorp wrote:pdefeo > Can you send me some sample pictures please? Just tried with my Canon IXUS and ExposureBiasValue is correctly reported.

Thanks,
nabocorp
pdefeo

Postby Anserien » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:05 pm

Toujours bravo pour cam2pc !
petit probleme avec la version 4.4 j'ai un crash lors du transfert des images depuis mon apn Canon G3 ( au milieu du transfert ) je n'ai plus de probleme depuis que je suis revenu à la 4.3.4...........
bizarre :shock:
Anserien

Previous

Return to cam2pc