file rename with exif data?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

file rename with exif data?

Postby smithcferg » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:46 am

Hi. I have just tried to do a large rename of files using file rename mask, from the root directory containing many subdirectories of pics with digital camera exif data intact.

I used the cam2pc image downloader dialogue for this. I set it to not use a directory mask and to preserve directory structure (the directory structures were correct; only the files needed to be renamed) I set the options to use a filename mask which I have been using successfully on my cam2pc downloads.

Cam2pc copied the files from the tree to another tree successfully, preserving the directory structures. However, it didn't change any of the filenames either.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something in setting up the options? The specific file renaming options were "%y%m%d%n[4].%e",
box checked use the file rename option, keep a counter in each directory,
append digit if duplicate. Also, when I ran it a second time with identical settings, it complained of duplicate files and asked me if I really wanted to replace this.jpg with this.jpg, so it would seem that that the "avoid duplicates" function was not working in this case?

I like your program. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Craig
smithcferg

Postby nabocorp » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:04 am

I'll have to check this at home. I'll keep you informed!
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc