Windows XP SP2 File Permissions

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Windows XP SP2 File Permissions

Postby olli » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:53 am

Hello nabocorp,

thanks for this great piece of software! I'm using 4.3.6 shareware version and am quite happy about the level of stability this release has reached. For the future, I would always prefer stability over new features, maybe public beta testing could help here.

For my problem, I am using cam2pc on a freshWinXP SP2 installation logged in as an ordinary user without administrative rights. Pictures go to the 'shared documents' folder and shall be readable for all ordinary users of the pc.

Within the folder, my files go to, every file created from Explorer, Photoshop, etc. inherits the desired read/write permissions from the parent directory. Files created by cam2pc (either downloaded from the camera or created using enhance image) only have appropraite permissions for the user logged in, but inherit no read permissions for all users from their parent directory. Seems as if cam2pc uses a special way of setting permissions. Problem seems to occur with and without the option to set downloaded files read-only.

Could you please look into it? If necessary, I can mail some images showing the way permissions are set up.

Kind regards,

oliver
olli

Postby martin10018 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:12 am

Good point this one.

I sometimes have similar permission problems.

If I browse to the myfiles folder manually (complete tree to path of mypictures), I don't see mypictures. The direct link in cam2pc to mypictures works.

But this is on an admin account...
martin10018

Postby olli » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:59 am

... seems to have to do something with XP permissions set in the 'shared documents' folder. if i use another drive (i.e. e:\) everything is fine!
olli

Return to cam2pc