Image ordering on start up

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Image ordering on start up

Postby ebs » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:30 am

I have an issue with the way images are presented when first opening cam2pc. For example. If I have say 200 images and they are prefixed with a letter of the alphabet, the initial sort appears to be a bit random.

So what tends to happen is that I start working on the images and then they will reorder so that the As will appear first followed by the B's etc.

Is there a way to have the images sorted whilst they are being loaded into the viewer window.

Thanx
ebs

Postby nabocorp » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:36 pm

Hello,

the problem comes from the fact that the default sort order is by date which generally makes more sense. When the image are first layed out, the file creation date is used. Then thumbnails are loaded and with that comes the EXIF creation date which is generally the date to use. That's why at the end of the loading images are reordered based on the EXIF creation date. Reading the EXIF creation date at initial opening will delay the folder opening too much.

You have two solutions for this: switch to alphabetical sort (see view menu, order) or update the file creation dateo of all your files with the EXIF creation date. This can be done in the Shareware version using "Change Image date and time".

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby nabocorp » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:03 pm

4.4 beta has been improved: now the reordering only happens the first time you go to a folder. Second time images should appear in the right order immediately. This is of course only if you use the thumbnail database which is the case by default.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc