The specified module cannot be found

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Postby Derell Licht » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:00 am

I have the current version of cam2pc on my machine (WinXP Prof), and I have the Canon module installed. I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS. Whenever I run the program, however, I repeatedly get error dialogs saying "The specified module cannot be found". Oddly enough, the program appears to keep running normally, but these messages are very bothersome. Can anyone tell me how to make the program happy??
Derell Licht

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:19 pm

as far as I know, the Powershot S1 IS supports PTP as a transfer protocol, so you actually don't even need the cam2pc-canon-package to use cam2pc with your camera.

I yould suggest that you uninstall cam2pc, and reinstall it without the canon package. Connect your camera, run cam2pc and run the configuration wizard again. cam2pc should then detect the Canon S1 as a WIA/PTP-device. If that doesn't work, you can set the transfer type also manually in the options dialog under "Transfer/camera type" to "WIA/PTP"

good luck!
Tom
Tom

Well, that was *half* right...

Postby Derell Licht » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:45 pm

You're correct that I apparently don't need the Canon module for this camera. I uninstalled the whole package, rebooted, and reinstalled cam2pc. It recognizes my the S1 IS successfully, and downloads images properly.

However, I *still* get "the specified module was not found" dialogs at various points in the program operation. What's odd is that they don't always appear at the same time; one time I got two of them when camera was inserted, the second time I didn't get them until I started looking at menu items in the program.
Derell Licht

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:14 pm

that is really strange...

so you get these messages even if the camera is not connected to your computer?
Are you sure that the message comes from cam2pc? Maybe there is some interference with a virus scanner or something? Did you try installing and using cam2pc with administrator privileges?

Sorry I can't really help, these are just some ideas what might be the problem. But since I don't have any problems with cam2pc 4.3.5 on my winXP-pro, I guess you might have some other software installed that doesn't work properly together with cam2pc.

greets,
Tom
Tom

Postby Derell Licht » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:07 am

hmmm... well, THAT was a thought that hadn't occurred to me, that the dialogs might not be generated by cam2pc. Good idea!!

In this case, tho, they *do* appear to be related to cam2pc, tho I cannot absolutely confirm that yet. The task-bar entry for the dialog has the same icon as cam2pc has, tho the dialog boxes themselves don't say *who* they are from. I've also noted that I get exactly TWO of these dialogs each time I open a dialog box from any menu. Again, the main dialogs always work fine, once I close these error dialogs.

I also confirmed that this happens even when no camera is attached...

I wish I knew how to find out what "module" the process is looking for...
Derell Licht

Postby nabocorp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:04 am

Me too :-)
Sorry but there is not much I can do to help...

nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc