Cam2Pc crashes when asking the properties of a picture.

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Cam2Pc crashes when asking the properties of a picture.

Postby Grrrippp » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:46 pm

First of all, thank you for providing this great piece of software. Cam2Pc hits the nail on the head: offering the requested functionality while keeping the program small, fast and lightweight.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the program. When you ask the properties of a picture in the listview, the program crashes.
(this occurs when you rightclick properties / alt+enter in the listview in either detail / thumbnail view) I've already sent you a crash report...

I've read about the upcoming RAW support, can't wait!
I couldn't resist coming up with some suggestions:

-Exif for raw would be great!

-Could the shortcuts for zooming in full screen mode be changed to Ctrl +/= and Ctrl - like in PS? Not only on the numeric keypad. On laptops this is hardly accessable...

-Making the exif window dockable.

-A dockable histogram window. Maybe the following layout:

Code: Select all
+-------------------------------+
|Menu                           |
|Toolbar                        |
+--------+------------+---------+
|Folders | Listview   | Exif    |
|        |            |         |
|        |            |---------+
|        |            |Histo    |
|        |            |         |
+--------+------------+---------+

Cheers,

Grrrippp
Grrrippp

Postby nabocorp » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 am

Hello,

I saw your bug report... I will look into this. But this menu item only displays the regular Windows properties dialog so not sure this is very useful...

Exif RAW support is planned in "RAW support" but this will probably be read-only... I have to see how to deal with this because for the moment comments are only put in the EXIF data so commenting a RAW will not be supported.

The only case where it can work is for instance for Canon CRW images when the accompanying THM file is present because in that case the THM is a simple JPEG image and thus EXIF editing is possible in this case.

But for other RAW formats that do not come with such a file this will not be possible.

I'll look into the other requests. The dockable EXIF makes a lot of sense, the histogram a little less...

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc