Support for Canon Powershot G3

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Support for Canon Powershot G3

Postby Stefan » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:50 pm

I have been using cam2pc for my Olympus 450z with great results. The main reason I started using this program was for the easy use of lossless rotation.

Now I have bought a new camera: a Canon Powershot G3. The documentation for cam2pc (ver 3.0.1) tells me that G1 and G2 are supported, so it is not really a big surprise that it does not work to download images from my new camera, but maybe it will be in the future?

The camera does get detected as a USB connected Powershot G3, but when I attempt to start the download i get: "Error while getting list of files"

As I said, not surprising, but it would be great to use this new version instead of the Canon or Microsoft versions both which seem inferior.

Thanks for making great software!

-Stefan
Stefan

Postby nabocorp » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:23 am

Hello,

the Canon G3 is supported in the new version (3.1) of cam2pc!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:27 pm

I did download the new setup + canon support files and everything works wonderfully. Thank you.

One snag which you may or may not change: if the 'set read-only flag' is set, it appears that the orientation roation from exif is unable to operate. I assume because it follows after the read-only flag is set, but myabe that is what one wants...

Cheers,

Stefan
Stefan

Return to cam2pc