HELP!!! My Cam2pc is freezing

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

HELP!!! My Cam2pc is freezing

Postby Allekz » Sun May 23, 2004 7:45 pm

I was happy with the free version of Cam2pc, so I decided to buy the full version. It started to work perfectly, I enjoyed specially the enhancer tool.
But! suddenly the program started to fail. When I went to some folders, Cam2pc stopped reading the images; the clock cursor never stopped. Little by little, the trouble went appearing any time I made any move (click on shift-view, etc.).

Several times I've uninstalled Cam2pc and reinstalled, and the problem persist. Then I tried the older free version, and this one works good.

Perhaps something is happening with Cache thumbnails, cause I think the problem started when I set not to use cache (I use to move my photos from one folder to other, and I don’t think it’s saving me much time if I use cache). Any way, now it doesn't work, with or wthout cache.

:x Please help me! This is the first time that looking for something better, I got the worst.

My pfofile: Cam2PC 4.33, WinXp pro, Dell Inspiron 8200, Intell P4 1.7, 512 RAM, Nvidia GForce4 440 Go.
Thanks in advance.
Allekz

Postby olli » Mon May 24, 2004 7:39 am

I've seen more or less the same thing on my sluggisch 400MHz PC. The Problem seems to have been introduced with 4.3.2, at least with 4.3.0 everything is fine.

Any ideas?
olli

Postby Allekz » Mon May 24, 2004 4:03 pm

olli wrote:I've seen more or less the same thing on my sluggisch 400MHz PC. The Problem seems to have been introduced with 4.3.2, at least with 4.3.0 everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Well, after reinstall Cam2pc again, have erased all temp file in all temp dir, it seems to work normally so far (1 day). I'll let you know, if it crash again.
Allekz

And me!

Postby NACarter » Sun May 30, 2004 3:39 pm

I too have found Cam2PC freezing or at least being very slow. It can take 30s to rotate one 1 Mb JPEG image. It appears to be only with the latest version (I have the 4.3.3 registered shareware version).

This is on a 2.53GHz Pentium 4 machine. I had no trouble with 4.2. I've tried clearing out my Temp area but it didn't affect it. Haven't tried re-installing it though.

Perhaps something was introduced with this version that has slowed it down?

Nick
NACarter

Postby Allekz » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:12 am

I haven't get the original trouble again, but some times (and that is what is strange, it happens only some times), the Cam2pc browser get slow (about 20-30s) to show the thumbnails. It seems to be fixed when I optimize thumbnail database.

On the other hand, I see 2 other bugs:
1. It always takes long (8-10s) to rename a picture.
2. Cam2pc doesn't grab on memory not to show the warnning wondows, though I check as not to show them again.

Cam2pc 4.3.3 on WinXp-Pro (SP1), P4 1.7, 512M.
Allekz

Postby hhecq » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:07 pm

Got the same problem after installing 4.3.3: I was unable to browse another folder that the starting one. I've tried a reboot. Does not change.
I don't try to wait 30 second to see if I can get the files 8)

Happily I've kept a copy of the last succesfull release: V4.3

I install it back and It work as before. I've send a mail to nabocorp to tell them about the problem.

I am happy :twisted: to see people with the same problem :roll:

The main bug I've found is a crash each time a some photos at once in a directory. The rename is OK but cam2pc crash anyway...
hhecq

Postby Allekz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:37 pm

hhecq wrote:Happily I've kept a copy of the last succesfull release: V4.3

I install it back and It work as before. I've send a mail to nabocorp to tell them about the problem.

I am happy :twisted: to see people with the same problem :roll:

Where can I download that version? (4.3)?
I'm still getting more little (but annoying) bugs with 4.3.3.
Now Cam2pc doesn't allow drag'n'drop pictures to PowerPoint. I thoght it was a PP trouble, but it only happens with Cam2pc. I can drag'n'drop pictures from any other browser (XnView, ACDSee...) to PP.

PS: You could be happier if you help others to solve the problems you had once. :wink:
Allekz

Postby Tom » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm

I don't think that you can find the old version still on the web, but I still have the shareware version of cam2pc 4.3.0 on my computer. Just write me a PM and I will send it to you by email.

Greetings,
Tom
Tom

Postby Allekz » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:18 am

Hi, Tom.

Have you read my PM? Anyway, here is my mail: alex @ buzon.com (of course without spaces).
Allekz

Postby nursoda » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:40 am

I experience the same Problem with 4.3.4
nursoda

Return to cam2pc