Date detection past midnight

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Date detection past midnight

Postby rlawley » Sun May 09, 2004 7:07 pm

Would it be possible to have the option to automatically assign photos taken after midnight (e.g. between 00:00 and 04:00) to the day before when automatically creating directories named after the date the photo was taken. When I take photos for a night out, I normally keep them together even if we were out until early morning.
rlawley

Postby nabocorp » Mon May 10, 2004 9:16 am

Hello,

that's what the button called Recall is used for. When you are prompted for a destination for your past-midnight shots, just press the Recall button and the shots will go in the same directory as your pre-midnight shots. If you are not prompted for anything because you do not use the %P switch in your mask, just add it and leave the description empty.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby rlawley » Mon May 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Thanks - I'll RTFM properly next time :)
rlawley

Postby nabocorp » Mon May 10, 2004 9:28 pm

There is one case though that is not handled properly by cam2pc and is hard to deal with in an elegant manner is if yuo have say pictures from saturday 11pm, sunday 1am and sunday 9pm. You would want all "saturday-night" pictures to go in one folder and the sunday files in another one. This is not currently possible... Fixing this would require you to be prompted for each picture or cam2pc should allow to define the switch of day at 4am instead of midnight...

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby rlawley » Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 pm

That's what I'd figured. It would be nice if it did do that, but I acknowledge that it isn't exactly a high priority problem. It would be most useful for sorting out holiday photos, where you have photos from every day and night and is good to categorise them.
rlawley

Return to cam2pc