Improper Folder Name Creation for video files "1980.01.

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Improper Folder Name Creation for video files "1980.01.

Postby snsd » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:37 am

This is an awesome piece of software. I am, however, experiencing a minor challenge.

I'm using Windows XP Home and version 4.2 of cam2pc.

All of my pictures get transferred from my Pentax Optio s4 camera without a hitch and into the correct dated folder with a proper file name.

However, my video files come through OK to my PC but a new folder gets created with the date 1980.01.01 - 00h 00m 00s - and there is no "modified date" or "created date" on the file in Windows Explorer. (I have no problem viewing the video once on the PC.) It would appear that the date is not being transferred from my camera into cam2pc.

If I do not use cam2pc to transfer the video files, I can view the file in Windows Explorer and see both the "created" and the "modified" date. Because of this, it would appear that the glitch is in cam2pc.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this might be happening? (As an aside, everything works perfectly on my Windows 98SE machine. I have the cam2pc settings identical on both units.)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave
snsd

Postby nabocorp » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:23 pm

Hello,

that is a very strange issue... Unfortunatly without being able to reproduce the issue this gets rather complicated. Plus after every file is downloaded I make sure the creation and modification dates are explicitely set. Maybe you can check if the issue is solved in 4.3 because some code clean up was done around these things. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait for this one to be fixed!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc