different cameras

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

different cameras

Postby dockerdooley » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:02 pm

there are three different cameras owned by members of my family, can I configure the software to accept all three ? gratefull for any advice.
dockerdooley

Postby hussonl » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:24 am

cam2pc donwload pictures from cameras only by accessing a drive (i.e; J:, P:, or Z: ) mapped to your camera by Windows.

Each time you connect one USB camera to your computer, Windows will assign the first available drive for this camera.
In cam2pc downloader, you'll need to select this drive as the source directory before downloading pictures.

TIP : don't connect more than one camera at a time, so Windows will always assign the same drive for each camera, and you'll never have to modify the source directory in Downloader.
But if you connect a USB key or a jukebox first (your camera drive will be assign to this device instead of your camera !), and Windows will assign a drive different than before. So in this case, the solution if you're using Windows 2000 or XP, is to modify the drive assigned to your camera in the Disk Manager (i.e. Z: ), so next time you'll connect your camera, Windows will assign Z: to your camera).
Repeat this procedure for each camera. So each time that you connect only one camera, Windows will assign Z: for it.
hussonl

many thank's

Postby dockerdooley » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:28 am

Many thank,s for the information Hussonl,it was clearly understandable,and I very much appreciate you taking the time out to help me with this query.
dockerdooley

Postby nabocorp » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:16 pm

Still I would add that if you own a USB auto-connect camera and a Canon camera then cam2pc will not be able to autodetect both without changing the configuration.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby dockerdooley » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Thank's for the extra info nabocorp
dockerdooley

Return to cam2pc