Hangup with Change Image Time and Date function ver 4.1.1

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Hangup with Change Image Time and Date function ver 4.1.1

Postby olli » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Hello Nabocorp,

The change time/date function is a great, I really loved the idea when - back in Europe - processing my holiday photos taken in the US.

Unfortunately, I see reproducable hangups when using the feature.

The Problem occurs in both Thumbnail View or Detail View if more than approx. 20 images are in the directory - Scrollbars are visible and thus some of the thumbnails / detail information are in the invisible ares. The workaround of using smaller thumbnails and a larger view pane for the thumbnails seems to avoid the problem.

Select all images in directory (Ctrl-A) and use the Change Image Time and Date function. Hangup occurs after the Change Time Dialog has disappeared - at that point in time the EXIF data of the files is already altered (and looks correct to me). Intensive Harddisk activity occurs before cam2pc is killed via task manager. At that time, in the task manager there are two entries for cam2pc showing 'Not Responding'.

To me, it looks like a problem in the display code or synchronisiation to the display code. In earlier versions, I had similar problems when using the Advanced Renaming function. Unfortunately, the UI or display code still tends to show some hangups I could not reproduce.

The images were taken using Canon Ixus II digital; please let me know if I can provide help or more details to resolve the problem. cam2pc is 4.1.1. registered shareware version.

Thanks & Kind regards,

Oliver
olli

Postby nabocorp » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:39 pm

As far as I remember I fixed this a few weeks ago for 4.2.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc