Optimization required ...

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Optimization required ...

Postby dt1961 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:54 pm

1. Duration for opening large folders (100 jpg's and more) in the browser when starting cam2pc lasts too long: cam2pc remembers the last opened folder and loads the thumbnails from the database in an inacceptable long time (on a P4 with 2,4 GHz) when i compare it with Ulead Photo Explorer or XnView - although the database is optimized. A thumbnail should be shown immediatly after reading at database and not after reading all thumbnails of the folder.

2. A few thumbnails show their content only after a single click on one of them.

3. Red eye elimination doesn't work with just light red eyes.

4. German translation: please eliminate the comma after 'Schließen' (=Close-Button); 'Verschieb.' should be 'Verschieben' (camera assistent dialogbox); a german help is required for successfully positioning cam2pc on the german market.

5. Animated GIFs should be shown with all their content in the preview window (animated preview).

I hope you understand these points as an improvement for cam2pc.

Best regards
dt1961

Re: Optimization required ...

Postby nabocorp » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:47 am

1. This is strange: what you describe is the way cam2pc is meant to run. You should see the thumbnails being updated one after the other...

2. That's a known bug that I have a very hard time to fix. Hope that one day it will be fixed!

3. I'll try to improve the redeye in a future version. There are a lot of things to do to make it better!

4. The german translator checks this forum regularly. I will forward him your correction. I think he would like to do the documentation translation but this takes some time...

5. I do not think I am going to spend much time on this: animated GIFs do not have anything to do with digital photography... So this is a very low priority item!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc