Some problems

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Some problems

Postby Pieter » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:41 pm

Hi,

I've been spending time on my photo's (and hence with cam2pc) this weekend and I experienced following problems(haven't been reading all of the forum, maybe there are some duplicates)

1. With album: I have following repeatable sequence:
- remove the album file (cam2pc.album)
- Make a new album, add one photo
- quit cam2pc
- open the album, add photo's
- Save the album. As name, provide the same name. Confirm overwrite
- Quit cam2pc
- Look in the album file -> shows following:
<Album Title="BestOf" />
- Start cam2pc again. My album is empty.
(It showed up as I was making a "BestOf" album with a selection of what I concider my best photo's.)

2. I also played with panorama photo's (Using PTGui/PTSticher) I ended up with a 7Mb panorama photo and while making thumbnails, cam2pc took up to 100 Mb of memory, which made it really slow as it had to go into swap... I don't know if it is due to the size or the shape of the photo? But it seems really a lot, even viewing the image takes less time and memory.
Photoshop shows about the same load as the viewer. As the bitmap is 19636x2643 pixels, this is no surprise. But for the thumbnail, it would maybe be possible to optimise this: the tumbnail needs little quality anyway (rather nothing compared to the huge original). Also: maybe I could mark somehow not to update the thumbnail for this one?

A more sever problem is the following: On some of my panorama results, especially on the ones that I haven't edited afterwards with photoshop (allthough I'm not sure that's got to do with it), the zoom doesn't work. When I press "+" to zoom in, I get a black screen.

3. I get a blue screen very often after I used cam2pc and if I then logoff or shutdown. I'm using windows 2000.
The message is:
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
I have since many cam2pc releases, I have the impression that it especially occurs when I used cam2pc, but I didn't use the image downloader at all. I can send the complete dump if usefull.
I've always been waiting to report as I could never figure out when exactly it does occur and when not... but I still didn't.

I'm using version 4.1, not yet 4.1.1. As I read the changelog however, none of the items above seem to be solved there.

Kind regards,

Pieter
Pieter

Postby nabocorp » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:54 am

Hello,

1. You are not supposed to delete the cam2pc.album file while cam2pc is running!

2. That thumbnail thing is strange. Is cam2pc running while you create the panoramas? I would like to get one of the pictures that does the black zoom effect please: info at nabocorp.com

3. That's a severe error I used to have on some of my PCs but not related to cam2pc. Did you try to checkdisk (fullscan) all your hard disks?

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby Pieter » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:54 pm

Thanks for the reaction. Please find my answers below

1. I didn't mention, but I closed and reopenned cam2pc for every patch I did with the album file. Actually, I only started playing with it as I experienced problems, trying to find a reproducible sequence.

2. OK. You'll get the mail.

3. OK. Will look further.
Pieter

Return to cam2pc