Problems with Thumbnailview

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Problems with Thumbnailview

Postby ami26 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:05 pm

Hello,

I use cam2pc with my Canon EOS 300D and fomerly with an Ixus V3.

I have different problems with the thumbnail-view with pictures from the 300D. There are always exif-picture-infos on every file, but if i download the pictures to cam2pc, some pictures have a thumbnail, others not. The pictures are from the same shooting. I proofed with other the programs the existance of the exif-picture infos.
After clicking around on delete, optimize and update thumbnails they are correctly dislayed. hmm :-o??? I dont know why.

Another effect is, that the pictures taken in landscape-format with the EOS 300D are displayed with a black border at the top and the bottom. The pictures taken in portrait-format dont have these ugly borders.

I know, if i press "update thumbnail" the pictures are correctly displayd in thumbnail-view.

Can you help me?
ami26

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:06 pm

Hello,

seems that the 300D is wrongly calculating the EXIF thumbnail. You can check how the EXIF thumbnail looks by displaying the EXIF metadata. If this is the case then in the Image Browser options disable the use of the EXIF thumbnail to create the Image Browser thumbnail. Thumbnail creation will be a bit longer the first time but you should get perfect thumbnails without having to update them!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc