Download to Network Location?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Download to Network Location?

Postby opel70 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:19 pm

Just found Cam2PC. This looks like just what I was looking for. I have run into one snag though. I want to download the images from my camera to a network location. When I choose the directory I can browse out to the directory I want to put the files in. However, when I actually dwnload the images from my camera, Cam2PC puts them on the local drive. It creates a directory structure at the root of the drive of:

C:\<server>\<share>\<Folder>\[%Y-%m-%d] %P
(with the variables filled in correctly)

While in the configuration I have the location defined as:

\\<server>\<share>\<Folder>\[%Y-%m-%d] %P

Can this be fixed so I won't need to manually move the files again? I don't have a drive mapped to this share, and I don't want to have to just for this process which I do infrequently.

Thanks,
opel70

Postby nabocorp » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:47 pm

Hello,

although this particular case was not planed I am surprised that it is not working. I'll check this for a future release. Until then the only solution you have is to map the drive.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby opel70 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:04 am

Thanks for the response and for looking into it. I will make do until then.

In case it help in tracking down te problem, the drive it writes to is the drive Cam2PC is installed on. In my case it is actually the E: drive (I know I showed C: in my original post).
opel70

Postby opel70 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:30 am

Just thought I'd let you know that this is still an issue in 4.2. I have also tried it on a few other PC's with the same results.

Thanks
opel70

Return to cam2pc