Autodownload Not Working

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Autodownload Not Working

Postby Daddie » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:26 pm

Here is my system: Athlon XP2500 on XH home with 512MB ram connecting to Casio QV3500.

Here is the issue: I can't seem to get the auto download to start. I have set it up in the cam2pc application and I setup the drive (I) to be a photo with autorun on cam2pc download, but it does not want to stick. When I go to insert the camera the next time, it thinks it is a music device and will not start cam2pc. the only thing that happens is the drive window opens up. Am I doing something wrong? I like the app and would register it as the software from Casio is lacking and would like something else..

I appreciate the help...

Scott
Daddie

Postby nabocorp » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:18 pm

Hello,

it seems that Windows is messing up the stuff. cam2pc is registered only for Pictures device so if Windows detect your camera as a Music device then it is normal that Windows does not list cam2pc. Do you at least have audio files on your memory card?

One way would be to manually setup as a Music device handler. You would have to use the Powertoys XP (available from Microsoft, look on Google to get a download link). With these you can edit the Event Handlers. For information, the command line you will have to specify will be:

"c:\program files\cam2pc\cam2pc.exe" /transfer %L

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Still not working

Postby Daddie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:34 am

Well, I have added a new entry through powertoys and I still have the same issue. Is there a way to change the way XP reacts to the autostart features? I am not worried about digging into the registry, so don't hold back on how to do this.

Thanks,
Scott
Daddie

Postby nabocorp » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:38 am

No sorry I do not know how to tweak this. Very strange that XP detects your camera as a Music device. Do you have sound files on it?

Regard,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Music files

Postby Daddie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:57 pm

No, there was nothing on the card - freshly formatted...
Daddie

Success!!

Postby Daddie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:39 pm

Thanks for the help, but I found the problem. I was looking at the registry entries for cam2pc and found that although the monitor device was checked in the setup page for the download, there was a 0 in the registry for that item. I changed it to a 1, rebooted, and it works fine now. There is still a window that opens up for the card to show the directory, but since I have the autodisconnect turned on, it goes away when the download is done.
Daddie

Return to cam2pc