Thumbnail database update

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Thumbnail database update

Postby ksanders » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:28 am

Using cam2pc 4.0.2 shareware (2 days)

I downloaded several pictures from my Canon A80. I edited one of those pictures in Paint Shop Pro 8 and saved it to a new name. When I went back into cam2pc, I noticed that it said "No" in the thumbnails column for that picture. I right-clicked on the image and chose "Update thumbnail(s)", but it still says "No".

I was assuming, maybe wrong, that this would create a thumbnail for this picture. Am I missing something or is this an option that is limited to the registered version?
ksanders

Postby nabocorp » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:34 am

The "Thumbnail" column indicates wether the picture contains an EXIF thumbnail and not a thumbnail in the database. When you edited your file, PSP8 did not keep the EXIF thumbnail. If you switch to the Thumbnails view you'll see that a thumbnail is displayed for this picture.

The "Update thumbnails" feature is just to force cam2pc to recreate its own thumbnail for this image in case it did not notice an image update for instance ans is still displaying a thumbnail of the old version.

The shareware version has got what it requires to recreate an EXIF thumbnail.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby ksanders » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:56 am

Thanks for the reply. I did not know that EXIF information also contained a thumbnail for an image. Interesting. I need to read up a little more on EXIF, I guess.
ksanders

Return to cam2pc