Photoshop LE

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Photoshop LE

Postby hanszorn » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:06 pm

I am evaluating cam2pc 3.1 and now 4, and find that none of them can cooperate with Photoshop 5 LE (which happens to be my favourite photo editor, no matter how old or limited it is).
When I choose to 'edit' a picture, Photoshop starts and says it can not locate the photo (or similar words).
This should be possible, as Canon's ZoomBrowser does it!

Hope you can help me...

Hans
hanszorn

Postby nabocorp » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:19 pm

I guess Photoshop 5 LE does NOT support long filenames or something like this... Create an image with a long name and spaces in its filename and open it in PS5LE. What does the image window title is? Does it show the full name or an abbreviated one?

Regards,
nabocorp

PS: sorry but I do not have PS5 and therefore cannot make the test myself.
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby jonny » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:24 pm

I would guess that cam2pc is not passing the filename properly to Photoshop LE

I had the same problem with cam2pc and Adobe PhotoDeluxe (which does support long filenames), and I have used it as an external editor with many image browsers.

Jonny
jonny

Photoshop 5

Postby hanszorn » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:43 pm

Yes Photoshop can open images with long filenames, and shows the filenames properly in the window bar!

Hans
hanszorn

Photoshop LE

Postby hanszorn » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:47 pm

Maybe you can tell me what Cam2pc does bihind the screens when it tries to pass an image to the editing program... so I can test it separately.

Hans

nabocorp wrote:I guess Photoshop 5 LE does NOT support long filenames or something like this... Create an image with a long name and spaces in its filename and open it in PS5LE. What does the image window title is? Does it show the full name or an abbreviated one?

Regards,
nabocorp

PS: sorry but I do not have PS5 and therefore cannot make the test myself.
hanszorn

Postby nabocorp » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:34 pm

Hello,

cam2pc just calls the program and gives the filename of the file to open between double quotes, for instance:

photoshop.exe "c:\my documents\my pictures\dscn0020.jpg"

This works with Photoshop 6, 7 and CS and with Paint Shop Pro 6, 7 and 8. At least these are the ones are tested.

I am trying to get Photoshop LE or PhotoDeluxe to see what happens!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Photoshop 5

Postby hanszorn » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:45 am

I tried something like this:
"c:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 5.0 LE\Photosle.exe" "my documents\my pictures\dscn0020.jpg"
from the command line and it works. So there must be a little difference between what cam2pc does and this...

Hans
hanszorn

Postby nabocorp » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:42 pm

Hello,

grabbed a copy Photoshop Deluxe. I could reproduce the issue and could fix it :D This fix will be included in the coming 4.1 release. Hope it will also work with Photoshop LE.

Note that I cannot load multiple files in Photoshop Deluxe even trying from a normal command prompt.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Photoshop

Postby hanszorn » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:26 am

That's very good news. I will get a copy of 4.1 as soon as it's there!
(At least now I have a reason to upgrade from 3.x. So far, 4.0 has only disadvantages that may disappear after registering but there's no way to tell...).
hanszorn

Return to cam2pc