"EXIF comment" is not "User comment"?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

"EXIF comment" is not "User comment"?

Postby holger » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:31 pm

Hello,

When I press Ctrl+E while viewing an image with cam2pc, I can edit a field called "EXIF comment". I've got a bit trouble :cry: with it:

1.) The field seems to differ from the "standard" comment field (at least neither Photoshop 7, nor ACDSee 5 can handle it).

2.) I can't edit the comments I wrote using the program EXIFER! Cam2pc's EXIF comment just reads "ASCII" instead of the description I entered using EXIFER. But there now is a new EXIF-field called "User Comment", filled with the correct comment (but not editable). By the way: The comments I created using EXIFER work with both Photoshop and ACDSee.

I know there is no real EXIF-standard, but I'd like to use the comment field to archive my pictures independently from any software. I'd like to have the image together with its metadata.

Do you think this issue can be solved in the next version?

Greetings from Berlin,
Holger
holger

Postby nabocorp » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:17 am

Hello,

I have just fixed the bug. I tested against Exifer, ACDSee 6 and Photoshop CS and everything seems to work fine.

cam2pc now even works better than ACDSee 6 because if you add a comment in Exifer, ACDSee will lose the last character of the comment which is not the case of cam2pc :-)

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Where can I download the bugfix?

Postby holger » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:27 am

Thanks for the quick bugfix! But where can I download it? I tried to get it from here http://www.nabocorp.com/download.php?soft=cam2pc-ftp but it seems to be the same version that I already have installed (4.0.2). The bug is still there in that version.

Thanks for feedback,

Holger
holger

Postby nabocorp » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:23 pm

Oops sorry. Forgot to say that this will be included in the upcoming 4.1 release that should be available soon!

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc